Your Pipe Is A reflection Of Your Personality?.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I like a good rubber stem myself but that is a not defining factor in my smoking. I always reach for my rested Castello's because they are the best pipes on earth. To me Castello's define my love for Italian pipes. What pipe or pipe line defines you?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
For some reason I'm drawn to bulldogs and hawkbills. I recently picked up a couple of billiards, and I'm aware of a

conscious effort to relate to them -- it doesn't come as naturally as it does with the bulldogs and hawkbills. So I

guess there's some personality projection involved, but I'm not enough of a psychologist to figure it out.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I prefer a billiard, myself. I have a bulldog I love but my go-to's are billiards. I have a a bent I use once in a while. Someone shrink my head please.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I know Roth. you know my goal and I will wait for that 1970 Dunhill that should be at home for Christmas! I bought that pipe when I was home and I knew it was gonna take time to get here. As far as my allusive white whale, it's a pre 1990 Ashton

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I'm more about functionality over fashion. I like bent stems because I like to be able to see if there's embers burning in the chamber while puffing.
Vulcanite is great for clenching but I like that lucite doesn't get marked up as easily.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Kaywoodies for English blends , Freehands for Flake . 1930's - 1980's . I dont like many pipes from post millinium .

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
youn hear Kaywoodies from Baron Samedi the Angel that will carry you on to that dark afterlife. You kid? He is a bad mother fucker. Stay on his good side.

oldshacker

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2012
I enjoy all types of pipes. I use the pipe to relax. My pipes all have links to a wonderful past or a story to tell. People and family tend to give me pipes new or old and in various conditions for services, I did for them. I do not care how they look so I have some with tape, chips, cracks and now a no lipper. I am just like my pipes old and sore all over but still useful. :puffy:

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
Love Poker shape and freehand style with no preference for stem material as long I use softypit on them; bulldog and billiards start drawing my attention lately.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
I love freehand briars with fancy stems, and meers both carved and smooth..

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I love my traditional British shapes, makers and vulcanite stems. But for a change of pace my two, lone Italian Castellos are wonderful smokers. Brian Levine mentioned their stems in a recent radio show episode and described them accurately. While they are acrylic, the shape of the button makes for a very comfortable smoke. Not surprisingly, my two are a bent billiard and bulldog. My collection is made up of bent billiards and bulldogs, so I guess this they do define my aesthetic preferences...
Castello_Sea_Rock_Bullog_G_Gallery-2.jpg

Castello_Sea_Rock_4k_65_Gallery.jpg

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
th_leatherworktable10302012005.jpg
Well, Corncobs reflects my personality.

It goes along with my tractor driving hat and the ability to put myself

in bad spots.

You can change tobaccos right after another, just like my wife says the way i change my mind.

Joe

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
In terms of brands, I have been drawn to L'Anatra pipes, rusticated billiards especially. Though I can appreciate all styles of pipes, the billiard shape is my favorite shape - can't explain why exactly.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
The classics in most all things are what do it for me. That's probably why I like Petersons becuase of the classic shapes they produce. I'm not big on rustic pipes though I have one from Peterson. I get people collecting those really wild looking freehands as a piece of art but they don't do it for me. The wildest I have would be a Wiley calabash from 1990 that is the nicest looking rustic I've ever seen. Not too rustic, more toward sandblast.

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
not sure what my "shape" is yet... Probably between a bulldog and a billiard... My favorite pipe now is a very small, lightweight rusticated ligne bretagne billiard I got off of briar bid.... smokes like a beast... comfortable... and the one I have been reaching for first...

IMG_1016.jpg

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Funny this question came up, as last night I noticed that in my 7 pipe rotation of good to fair smokers, 5 are bulldog/rhodesian, 1 is a bent billiard, and 1 is a small dublin.

Status
Not open for further replies.