Your Pet Peeves with Pipe Smoking

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Stems are actually large finger sized things, which are usually completely removed when picked. What you’re probably thinking are twigs are the secondary viens. Smoke them, they are a part of the blend. There’s a lot of flavor in them.
Flakes, plugs, and twists have them too.

I guess I am just not easily peaved. I mean… sure, no one wants someone to talk to them. That sucks.
I have $80 neckties with pin holes from ash…. Kinda sucks, but I still wear them.

I’m not a fan of people who let their dogs roam my neighborhood. But, this doesn’t apply to any if you guys…. Unless you’ve just moved in down the road and that’s your f’n rottie turning over my garbage cans.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
The damn relentless, howling, annoying wind. I live at the convergence of two valleys, which act as wind tunnels more or less. I always wonder how many flicks of the lighter I'll need just to get it going, and if the number of roof shingles that got blown off the night before is greater than or less than that number. It's a toss-up in most instances. Once I get a bowl going, it's pretty much smooth sailing from then on in, but damn...sometimes I feel like a real schmuck hunched over like I'm pinching a loaf in the woods, flicking a lighter endlessly in the tiny space between the laundry room, the retaining wall, and the corner of the house.

To be fair, I feel like a schmuck many other times too, but that's a topic for another time. :rolleyes:

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
The damn relentless, howling, annoying wind. I live at the convergence of two valleys, which act as wind tunnels more or less. I always wonder how many flicks of the lighter I'll need just to get it going, and if the number of roof shingles that got blown off the night before is greater than or less than that number. It's a toss-up in most instances. Once I get a bowl going, it's pretty much smooth sailing from then on in, but damn...sometimes I feel like a real schmuck hunched over like I'm pinching a loaf in the woods, flicking a lighter endlessly in the tiny space between the laundry room, the retaining wall, and the corner of the house.

To be fair, I feel like a schmuck many other times too, but that's a topic for another time. :rolleyes:
Please go inside, light a fire and sit down and smoke your pipe.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

@Servant King ? When I went to see the Sealed Knot at Bolsover Castle ? I think I spent most of the day trying to get my pipe lit in the wind ?️!!!