PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry127

Lurker
Mar 12, 2016
Currently I only find coffee is the best match to most of the tobacco .

Is there any other drinks is good with Latakia blend tobacco other than coffee ? or any specific beer brand , red wine and all sorts of perfect beverage which you think is the combo match .
Current tobacco i own

1.)Peterson Irish Flake - Find it Best with coffee

2.)Peterson Old Dublin -

3.)Dunhill Night Cap -

4.)W.O Larsen 2015 edition -

5.)Captain Black Gold - which i dislike the most

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Englishes work with tea (I'm told rum, sodomy and the lash are also compatible). Irish Flake goes well with a lighter beer like one of these Iguanas:
http://www.deathmetal.org/lifestyle/cerveceria-la-constancia-s-a-bevco-ltd-cerveza-caguama-2016/attachment/cerveceria_caguama/

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Islay Single Malt Scotch. Or water. Why? Because there are no other drinks. :)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
A&W Root Beer is tasty stuff. Too sweet for me these days, but I used to enjoy it warm. More flavor that way, sort of like smoking Burley slowly.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Good point, DM. I had one at a restaurant earlier this week and de-iced it, and tried to warm it with my hands. Also on the money with sweetness. Wonder if there's something that could do the trick besides watering it down.

larry127

Lurker
Mar 12, 2016
Just to share some ...
Before i starter this pipe hobby ,im into chinese tea hobby 'the art of making tea' :D and it is a great companion when i was a cigarettes smoker ..I still drink them nowdays jz not that often as before And i feel that smoking a pipe is not really compatible with chinese tea(aged pu erh) .. :lol: not sure anyone out here experience it before..

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Wonder if there's something that could do the trick besides watering it down.
I haven't found it. The problem is that the root beer flavor decreases in proportion with the sweetness, which makes it kind of like the best iced tea ever.
I can really enjoy about a shotglass full, and then to counter the sugar I need to go smoke some Gawith ropes. Heh heh.
I am currently trying to figure out if Green Tea really makes Nicotine more intense, or if it is just an artifact of the green tea working on the gut. It can make me feel very hollow within, almost as if I believed the mainstream media and liked post-90s death metal!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That sounds very idyllic. I miss the time to lazily peruse books of interest... preferably on a sunny day, because natural light seems to work best.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I like black coffee almost anytime! On occasion a nice burbon preferably neat, Nothing crazy expensive or too spicy, something like Buffalo Trace or Wild Turkey 101 are my usual choices. . Often a diet cola or diet Dr Pepper is on hand as I can't do the sugar. Sometimes the burbon and soda get together and those always seem to go nicely.

thesinistral

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2016
In the morning, I prefer black coffee. During the evening, I have been " experimenting" with various single malts, whiskys and whiskeys: Balcones, Bulleitt Rye, Herman Marshall Tempest, and Taketsuru Single Malt...but with my SG ropes? Ice water... Lots of ice water. Ha

chargerucd

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2013
My 2 cents,

I have found anything with gas just doesn't work for me(burping will not be a good experience)

I have settled with iced tea!!! Cools my mouth and the palate refreshed.

larry127

Lurker
Mar 12, 2016
@chargerucd Yes i felt the same too,something sweet with gas is not so good in my feeling, especially with tiger /carlsberg...maybe i should try whiskey next time .. :D

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Piping hot Japanese green tea goes well with any blend, particularly Virginia forward flakes. (Green tea and Escudo, even on a hot day, is clarity in essence.)
Jameson's seems to pair well with almost all blends.
Had some Jameson's (a lot of it, actually) with back-to-back bowls of Frog Morton Across the Pond not long ago. Mmmmmmm! :puffy:
Gotta add, a simple bowl of Carter Hall and a simple cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee, black, will make any morning better.

markus

Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I love dark and amber beers with lat blends. Guiness is very good with Nightcap, or any lat blend for that matter. Actually Guiness is very good period.

French roast coffee is another favorite.

Dec 28, 2015
I have found anything with gas just doesn't work for me(burping will not be a good experience)
I agree wholeheartedly. I once had a bowl of Sassieni (one of my favorite blends) with a cola and it almost turned me against both the blend and the pipe I was smoking. One of the worst smoking experiences I have had. Until I realized the cola was the culprit. Have not made that mistake again.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Englishes work with tea (I'm told rum, sodomy and the lash are also compatible).

Love the Pogues reference. lol

I'm a perique freak and I find Dr. Pepper is a perfect drink to pair with that particular tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.