PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
It's no secret, I've posted it often on the "What are you smoking" thread.
Dino's Balkan Blend: 2 parts McClelland 5100, 2 parts McClelland Syrian Latakia, 1 part McClelland Blending Oriental and 1 part D&R Yenidje. Luckily, I have enough supply of the components to last me a while.
This sounds phenomenal- I would absolutely mix some of this up if any of the constituents were still readily available.

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
I have a "Mystery Mix" of the dregs of each tobacco I've smoked over the past 5 years or so. I stored it in a tall mason jar and smoke it once in while. Not too, got dry though so I'll have to re hydrate sometime. Got the idea from Jay Dighsx on YouTube!

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
I've come up with a couple. "Brothers in Arms" is two parts John Bull to one part Prince Albert.

The second I call "Burley Man" which consists of the following: one part each of Sir Walter Raleigh, Prince Albert, Granger, Lane Ready Rubbed, Lane BLWB, and Carter Hall and a half part C & D Latakia.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
50/50, Haddo's to Low Country Virginia and Oriental.

You won't try it so I'll tell you - It's amazing. I smoke it every day now.

Weird thing is I'm not a huge fan of either alone. I seriously feel like if this was a tinned blend, it would be beloved.

I know, it sounds gross lol but it's not in the slightest what you would expect.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I put a few drops of Cognac in a jar of Balkan Supreme for a homemade Pembroke/Cognac Mixture. Pretty on point after a couple years.
I also have a jar-stoved home blend of Sutliff VAs, featuring 515, Victorian, 707, and brandy infused with raisins, figs, and dates.
1 part Firedance Flake : 3 parts any medium Balkan (Supreme works great) is my favorite crossover. Like a Balkan Revelation.
I have one other blend that I guess truly qualifies as secret since it's all McClelland blending components. It's a VaTur that uses a grip of Turkish Blending Ribbon and Eastern Carolina Ribbon, a pinch of 5100 Red Cake, and a half pinch of 5105 Stoved Black. Sometimes I sweeten it up with a pinch of Oriental Cavendish.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I’ve been smoking this daily as a half and half style smoke. It is blowing me away with the flavour. I grew the semois and the stag horn (dark Virginia) but added some aged whole leaf for the bright component.

Blackbird:

3parts semois
1 part va gold
1 part va lemon
1 part staghorn.

if I was gonna try and make it with commercial components I’d probably say mix semois with a light VaPer or some very well aged FVF and Best Brown.

It's not a secret, because I've just posted it on the blending thread. Yet to smoke it, because I only blended it half an hour ago.
100gr PA, 100gr Amsterdamer Fijne Snede, 65gr VA#1, 50gr SG Latakia Blending. That works out to a tad over 15% Latakia - a mild to moderate English?
My wife makes what she calls “unique soup”, from whatever ingredients are left over from sauces or stocks or casseroles. Unique, because no two soups will be alike. This blend is like that. I will never be able to replicate it, because I’ll never be able to afford bulk tobaccos again at Australian prices. But it is a great way to use the not-so-desirable PA and Amsterdamer.
I am loving it. There is enough Virginia in the VA#1 and Amsterdamer to produce distinctive new mown grass taste, enough Kentucky in the Amsterdamer - together with PA’s Burley - to add sweetness, and enough Latakia to give the whole a mild smokiness. Perhaps a tad more Latakia might have been good. A little over 300gr left.

Status
Not open for further replies.