PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
My only purchase this year has been a Sasieni 4dot Walnut.
Some nights I love it. Some nights I hate it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
murf, that bulldog is a heart breaker. I like Nording's economy pipes (Eriksens) better than most of his stamped

Nordings, and I traded off a little Nording billiard as just not being my thing, but the bulldog is a masterpiece.

I've seldom seen the partially rusticated approached carried off so well. Just a beauty.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
I just made this post for members to post recent pipe purchases, yet I see other people posting similar post, very recent, I don't understand this logic. Are they too good to post on this thread? Or is it that they are not even reading threw recent threads. I do not try to duplicate threads by changing wording, I just wanted to see your most recently acquired pipes together in one thread.

What gives!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Non-conformity is the spice of life mate.
The nice thing about a forum like this, is that folks can generally do what they please, within reason. This assumes the following:

- Forum rules are followed

- General courtesy is offered

- Pictures or it didn't happen EDIT (except for Roth, we make allowances for his lack of camera phone :lol: )
It's the same with the "Show off your..." threads. Some folks will use 'em, and others won't. I'm guessing that some posters like to start their own threads so that they can find them easily, and not have the dialogue around their pipe/collection/cellar/tobacco buried in a different or catch-all thread.
It isn't personal, no one thinks that they are "too good to post on this thread". They're just doing what they do, and we thank 'em for it just the same.
-- Pat

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
I'm sure that's it Mr. Pruss I just was trying to see are read about folks most recent purchases in one big nice cool looking thread. I thought it would be a cool thread to show off your most recent purchases. But I guess I thought wrong. Ill just stop creating threads from now on.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
Thanks to everyone for the replies and pictures to this thread. I have enjoyed reading and looking at all of them.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I just ordered a Brog Kentucky No. 43. Love the shape of this pipe. Reminds me of the old Stanwell No. 11, my favorite shape. And I love pear wood. I'm excited to try this one out and hope its like the picture.
Love the Briar: please stop coming off like a pouting juvenile. I am certain that's not your intent. Everyone's entitled to create their own thread, for better or for worse.
Roth: lol

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
The bus happens to hold outside my house and goes here directly: http://www.danishpipeshop.com/
So what happend was I went by and came out with

Peterson's Barrel

Rattray's Butcher Boy No. 23

Rattray's Old Perth, natural

Classic poker gr. 3 by Neerup

Stanwell ECO Canadian Deluxe

and an Icorona Old Boy pipe lighter
All of them are good smokers, except for Old Perth. The drilling of the stem seems to be too narrow, as there are almost no "draw". I have to go back and ask if it can be fixed, if not, I will buy a custom made acrylic stem.

Jul 12, 2011
A Rad Cherrywood blast

fh02268-003-600x350.jpg

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
mso, I got the e-mail from milan about those new Nordings. I saw that bulldog, and ordered it later that night. I was still kicking myself for not buying a bulldog from smokingpipes, only to see that it had been sold. I believe it was a Savinelli Standing
002-033-11073.jpg

So, I decided to not let it happen again. Like I said, I prefer the bulldogs without the beadlines. I'm not sure why...

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Just picked up a Mackenzie vanguard, a medico conqueror briar, a varsity Rhodesian and a Dr. Charles, all for 40$ at my secret estate pipe place, all pretty much unsmoked, and the dr. charles and varsity are unsmoked totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.