PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic709

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Hey everyone!
New pipe smoker here just recently switching from cigarettes. After much research, I decided to start with a Missouri Meerschaum Washington. I’ve been smoking it for about two weeks now and am about to order some different tobaccos try try out and I’m thinking about getting another MM pipe to rotate in and give the other one a break every once in a while. I can’t seem to decide on a model so my question to you folks is, what are your favourite MM pipes and why??
Thanks!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Legend 5th avenue straight and morgan natural. Cheap with wider chambers and they smoke great. If I had to pick one I'd pick the morgan, it just smokes great. Just got a cobbit shire I'm excited to try as well though.
I also like the Old Dominion Richmond Cob, the chabmer is awesomely wide at .88, but the wood stems, frankly, suck ass. At least if you like to clench they do.
You should look into getting an affordable briar as well. I'd reccomend Savinelli (or their cheaper line Rossi).

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My favorites are the reverse calabash models just because they're different.
20180224_002736.jpg

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
I think it was the Great Dane Egg shape, But I haven’t seen one since I first purchased it. It was my first pipe and remains my favorite cob shape.

medic709

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
I’ve been thinking about the Morgan natural actually, seems like it would be a great pipe to keep in my truck. I’ve also had the freehand in my cart several times because I love the shape but it seems a little big.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I don't think I could choose just one, I don't often smoke my cobs but I like to have variety. My cobbits are great smokes but I usually reach for either the Carolina Gent or the Missouri Pride when I'm reaching for a cob. I really like the Bully I got not too long ago as well but since it was a limited edition no longer in stock I don't think that'll help you much.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’ve also had the freehand in my cart several times because I love the shape but it seems a little big.
Top right column. Not much different in size from the General.
img_20160723_141412.jpg

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
I'd cast my votes for the Mark Twain and the Country Gentleman, in that order. Straight or bent, though I give a slight preference to straight.
Cheers,
Chili

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I have the Shire Cobbit and the Missouri Pride cob, and I like both of those a lot.
But my favorite is not a cob, it's the Ozark Mountain Hardwood. I just love the feel of it, the smaller bowl, and how it smokes.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Also, if someone hasn't told you about the "forever" stems yet, you should look into them. You could buy 4 new cobs for the price of one, but they are pretty cool.
http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/forever_stems.html

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I’ve got a Charles Town Cobbler it’s got a nice deep bowl great for English blends and the acrylic stem feels good in the mouth, I’ve also got an apple diplomat that is similar to the cobbler but a little shallower. My all time favorite though is the Legend, (I’m smoking it in my avatar pic) it just smokes so dang good. I primarily use it for my VA blends and it smokes super sweet and cool, I was actually just finishing a bowl of FVF in it before I started typing this...

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I’ve got a straight bit filtered “General” that I light up a couple of times a week. It must be popular, because I just visited their web site and it said “out of stock!”

curl

Apr 29, 2014
I don’t have all of MM’s pies, but I have a lot of them.

My favorite is the bent Rob Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.