PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Soapy chocolate? Ewww! Strange.
My initial reactions even after the first bowl or two were along these lines. This is a blend that grew on me, and as it became familiar teasing out the hints of chocolate and savoring the mild soap taste and the minimal latakia smokiness became a pleasantly unique experience.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I like the cocoa flavor in Carter Hall because it tastes good.

Oct 7, 2016
I second, or third, the Bob's Chocolate recommendations. It is the only Lakeland I like. The combination sounds strange but it works. Usually, IMO, needs drying time, but not to the point of being bone dry.

dcmacbean

Lurker
Mar 5, 2017
Alva, Oklahoma
I just got some Amphora Original because it was supposed to have a chocolate note. I don't know if I could taste the chocolate, though. It's good... Just not sure about the chocolate. I agree with Mothernature's assessment of Carter Hall; I mix it with Lane's BCA or CB Dark.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Dc McBeam:Yep, as mostly Amphora Org smoker I confirm AO has not much of chocolate at all sometimes very faint

cocoa/chocolaty from Burley along with Dark Kentucky-Oriental, there still is something what I could not definite in this blend,

Then We have this interesting Solani Aged Burley definitely it has some chocolatey nyances to be found...nice stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.