Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Who's your favorite local brick & mortar tobacconist?

Also, do you have a favorite that's not local to you, but you see them when you travel?

Will you do them and PipesMagazine.com a favor?

We've had the new retailer directory for a while now, but we just added the ability to give them a 1-5 star rating, and optionally to also make comments, or write a brief review.

Go to the Retailer Directory.

You can browse states, and listings, and you can search.

Searching:
Don't use the main site search in the top right.
Use the directory search below the top banner ad. (See screen shot below.)
Directory Search.png

When you find your shop, click on the name, and it will open the listing in a new window.

Ignore the stars at the top where it says "Rating Average". They are display only.

Scroll down to the bottom of the listing and look for "Post Your Review".

You don't have to write anything.

You can just click a star rating, and hit the "Post Your Review" button.

Retailer Directory - https://pipesmagazine.com/retailer-directory/

If your store isn't in there, please feel free to add them.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Jeff Schwab of "Schwab's Pipes N Stuff" in Lexington, KY. Just gave him five stars. Great guy to buy from or to just hang out and BS.?

Reactions: admin

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Why can't we rate the B&M that we listed? Not really a big deal...just curious.

Last edited:

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Squires in Santa Rosa, CA is clean friendly and helpful. I went in there and looked at their Savinellis in the glass case filled with pipes. A young man behind the counter told me that they could get almost anything from their awesome vendor. He ran in back to get the lady who orders the pipes. She was super nice and came back with a Sav catalog and I pointed out the ones that I like. On their Pipe tobacco shelf were some nice somewhat rare tins. Germain, Royal Yacht, Margate, And So To Bed, Some older C&D and Pease with a tin layer of actual dust on the tupperware tops. I bagged 3 tins that day at around $25 each. Nt bad when you consider the California situation.

They also had a small selection on aros & house blends in ziplocks. They have a comfortable looking smoking lounge toward the back of the store and a walk in cigar humidor. Cigars are their main business. However, They went to pains to make me feel welcome and they were genuinely interested in helping pipe guys like me. 5/5. If you're in the area- you should definitely go there.

Last edited:
Reactions: admin

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Peretti's. I recently moved to NH and only an hour from Boston. They are helpful if always Bostonian in a gruff sorta way. Watch City might be in the running but I have not visited .... yet.

Reactions: docpierce

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Done. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to give our shops a boost at this most difficult time for them. Pipes by George in Raleigh, N.C., and I go back more than thirty years, way more. So far that when I bought a basket pipe there long ago, I later discovered it was a Savinelli from what was then the local importation hub in the area, now long gone I believe. A fine Sav 404 yacht I still smoke. Hail to Pipes by George, long may it stand.

Thepipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2020
WV
The Squire Tobacconist in Charleston WV. Great guys with a large selection of pipe, pipe tobacco, as well as an excellent smoking lounge.

Reactions: BROBS

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Just rated a couple of the places in Arizona I frequent (well, one of them. The other one is not "frequented" for good reason...there's barely any pipe tobacco there). One thing: I accidentally rated the wrong retailer, but the website is not letting me delete my review. I removed the text from my review but my 5-star rating is still up, and it's likely not deserved (I haven't been to the particular B and M I accidentally rated 5 stars, but I have been to another store in the franchise and it was terrible).

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Pipes by George has always seemed like Custer still standing, somehow, after the carnage of the Little Big Horn (how can it be both big and little)?

Status
Not open for further replies.