PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I'm a complete novice, but I'd have to say the Peanut Butter and Chocolate narrowly over the Lizzie Blood Red English and then my other is the 515 (Rathbone). Very different but I like them both. Also currently trying the Vermont Maple Cavendish and the Rum and Maple. Other than the 515, I ordered them on the strength of the reviews of @jiminks and my first experience with John was really good and I'm happy to be a repeat customer.

I've tried a few other tobaccos but still working my way towards understanding it all, so I'm afraid I can't provide much in the way of more experienced context so I won't try and compare them to any others.

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
A pleasantly terrifying response that sounds expensive. ?

So, rather than recommend with your experience - what are your top 4 favorites for you?
I'm going to say: 1. 8th Street (a nostalgic experience for me, I used to smoke it in the 1960's). 2. Surbrug Crystal Palace. 3. Number 191. And 4. The latest entry: Peanut Butter and Chocolate!

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Peanut Butter & Chocolate for sure. I like their Peanut Butter but I don't see the need for it when the PB&C exists. Someone who isn't a fan of chocolate may have the exact opposite opinion.

Blood Red English is another must have for me. It's a great choice for when you want an English blend but also want something else but can't make up your mind.

Blood Red VA is also good. It's a fairly tangy blend that doesn't bite me. I love the tangi-ness of straight reds but they kill my mouth so this is a great option for tang.

I don't really have a fourth. Their Rumcake is a great blend but I find it doesn't take much heat for it to loose some flavor.

I've been meaning to try their Sweet Street.

dontbeaburleyman

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2013
Central California
Just received a sampler pack of Crystal Palace, Pipemaker's Choice, Peanut Butter/Chocolate and Santa's Chocolate Covered Cherry Cream.

Love the CP. Love the PB&C. I will buy both in much larger quantities next time. Pipemaker's is good but I have a tendency to puff too fast and it tends to get bitey.

I'm waiting to get closer to Christmas to try the Santa's.

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
So, seems like PB&C and CP are two musts.

Deciding next two should be fun. Might start flipping a coin, seems they all get high regards.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. When I get around to the order, I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Reactions: John Brandt

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
So, the sampler pack #1 and is:

1. Peanut Butter & Chocolate
2. Crystal Palace
3. 191
4. Blood Red Virginia

pretty sure I have four more for the next sampler. But, will hit these first and see if any necessitate larger quantities. Trying not to be thinking it’s going to be like this or like that. Will report on each blend. ?

Reactions: John Brandt

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Since I already have some blends of his that I like and want to try some different things I just ordered a sampler - Crystal Palace, Santa's, No. 191 and No. 72! Should be fun.

And a tin of Edward G. Robinson just to see what it is all about.

Reactions: JKoD and dino

Kal

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2021
Misplaced Texan, in Ohio
Out of what I've tried, I smoke wilke 400 everyday. Then Sailor Jack for a pleasant cigar blend.
Wilke 111 is a fantastic mild flavourful orental blend.
The one I wish I could have tried in is no. 10.
Maybe some one here knows if wilke's 184 has any topping?
Actually wish I could buy some of his yenidje lol.