PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
With all of the wisdom circulating, I thought some of us underlings could share our favorite pipes under $100 that don’t include cobs. You all have them - don’t lie. You can post pictures of the “seen one seen em all”if you wish - but, a list should suffice. Just a list. No opinion of why, no bashing of others - just a simple list. If you can keep this with current day pricing that would be great. So, your $95 pipe you bought in 1975 simply won’t count. We’ll avoid inflation and stick with as current as possible pipes. And only list pipes you bought new - grand pappies estate pipes are not welcome here. I’m not adding prices, but you can. Some may retail over $100…but, sale prices do count. Lee any stars don’t count either. Sorry.

I’ll go first…no particular order

Brigham Mountaineer Straight Apple
Stanwell Authentic 83
Grabow Savoy Bent Billiard
Grabow Freehand (straight billiard)
Peterson 106 Army Mount
Viking 316

We all have “better” pipes - but, for simply smoking and under a bill…don’t be ashamed - put them out there. But - NO COBS. **Disclaimer: someone will undoubtedly not follow the rules and list a cob because they will feel very wronged that MM wasn’t included. ? But, I’m hopeful they realize because they’ve been mentioned, it’s not that they don’t count - it’s that we all already know if their greatness. Fair?

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
Savinelli Tortuga Rusticated 673 KS.
Currently retailing for $98.80 at SP.
sav-tortuga-673-jpg.15853

tmcg81

May 8, 2020
NJ
Except for a Peterson Deluxe System pipe, all of mine are less than $100. I've got a couple clunkers, but there isn't a pipe among the 15-20 I own that I wouldn't be stoked to smoke right now.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I've had my eye on a couple more high end (expensive) pipes lately, but I'm not sure if that's a road I want to go down. I think I'll eventually get an artisan pipe, but for right now, $100 still gets you a pretty sweet pipe, and there's a lot to choose from.

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
You have to promise not to tell anyone. My reputation would suffer irreparable damage if this got out, but in my top five is a Brebbia Avanti that cost me a whopping $2 and smokes absolutely beautifully.

If you repeat this I will deny it.
So, let me do the math. 50 years ago…$2. Today, $5,005. You’re cool man.

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN