PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
What baccy can you recommend that has a fantastic room note for smoking indoors?
Keep in mind that Im not an aroe man at all! Thanks.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Another vote for 1Q - it's the only one so far that's gotten favorable comments from the spouse (though that's more for the "jar note" since I don't smoke indoors). She's definitely not a fan of Sir Walter Raleigh or Va/Per blends... :D

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
HPCS Trout Stream.
Call me crazy, but Dunhill Nightcap. I love it.
Also +1 on 1Q, I'm gonna have to order some for my next TAD.
:puffy:

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
You might give Pirate Kake a go. It has a lovely resinous incense afternote that lingers in the room throughout the night, and makes its presence felt even well into mid-morn. Sure to delight the nonsmokers in the house.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
+1 on 1Q!Big NO to Cerberus(the only blend the wife walked in to the room and proclaimed"that stuff smells like SHIT")...

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match (Altadis?) smells fantastic.
It's an old-fashioned burley blend with a bit of molasses or some kind of sweet casing. It's not an aromatic, but it has that old-timey pipe smell. It's simple, easy to smoke and tasty, but not complex and may not satisfy some of the more connoisseur-minded smokers.
Also, I think just about any VA smells good (or at least that's what my wife usually says).
Finally, Frog Morton's Cellar, mentioned above, and I would expect that the Stave-Aged VA, though I haven't smoked it, would have a similar room note.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I've actually gotten the most compliments on room note when smoking Nightcap or Westminster. Granted, I only really smoke latakia blends, but it depends on who you're inside with. Some people like their room note alot.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Full Virginia Flake seemed to have a decent room note. Even though it is an aromatic 1Q should be mentioned as the room note is wonderful and it's an aromatic that even many strictly English/Latakia blend smokers will admit to having a bowl of now and again.

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
+1 on the Froggy Cellar. Not bad at all in a practically new unbroken-in Peterson. Just tried it tonight and ordered more.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I haven't tried Cellar yet but I get quite a few compliments on Frog Morton on the Town. Tastes great too

+1 for 1Q as well.

Great room note and pretty good taste I will give a shout out to Dan's Blue Note!!! I consistent favorite of the non-smokers when we have our weekly men's pipe and cigar night for our church.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Oh I forgot my favorite berry blend. SG's Firedance Flake. Tastes and smells like Blackberry cobbler cooked with brandy....tastes soo good and one of the best berry room notes ever.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
+1 on the Froggie Cellar. Have only smoked the 1Q outside, tomorrow I will try it inside... see what the wife says... I'll get back to you.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Nording Pointer smells like Cracker Jacks but it is a aromatic .WO Larsen Signature blend is very tasty and not goopy. But these twow blends are kid tested and mother approved . Squadron leader will get you kicked outside into the cold .

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
I second the Frog Morton suggestion.
Also: McClelland's Virginia Woods is something non-smokers seem to enjoy. It's a combination of several VAs and smells like cookies baking.
While it is an aromatic, it is not like 1Q, IMO. There is a rather nice flavor in this blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.