PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I believe Apple Strudel is a year round offering but who knows if they’ll survive the FDA nonsense. Just had my second bowel... it was lovely.

How much was the 8oz of Sleepy Hollow if I may ask?

Sure, no worries. Shipping was the killer at $9. The total $48.64
wa
When does the Peretti usually hit the can?

Peretti usually drops 11-1 in 4oz bricks

Reactions: puff_not_snuff

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Like Cosmic and Harris, I am very limited in my aro consumption. I am still only 3/4 through LAST year's LJ Peretti Thanksgiving Day 4 oz. cake.

If you want this blend, I recommend you sign up for their emails. If it's your first time, you're likely to get a small discount code, also.

Besides the "debatable" aromatics (Lakelands and rum based) I have a tin of Exotic Passion I'm working through.

I just scored half a pound of GH&Co American Peach in trade. It smells heavily topped. I'm "skeered" but likely to try it soon.

1601235964195.png

Jan 27, 2020
Aw man, that stinks! It is worth the wait though. It is kind of like Stormfront if you've ever had that but with a very light aromatic taste.

I’m sure it’s worth the wait, I’m all about Peretti. Does it usual sell out quickly and do they limit orders?

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I've hardly been smoking anything lately beside Capstan Blue and GLP Westminster. Those two blends have been probably 75% of my bowls lately. I've found Capstan to be an excellent midground between bright and darker virginia blends, and there is a real hay-on-the-meadow, earthy wet leaves on the ground thing going on. On Westminster, I've started to somewhat disfavor the heavier latakia blends generally, but Westminster strikes a nice balance without an overwhelming amount of latakia. Same for H&H White Knight for that matter. Basically, these are all very suitable fall blends to my taste.

EDIT: I should also add P&C Angler's Dream to the list. It's a burley blend with a bit of a cinnamon topping and a brown sugar taste which likely comes from the cinnamon combined with some sweet cavendish. Anyhow, it's great, and the cinnamon sugar thing makes it taste like fall. I had a couple bowls last weekend with a glass of a bourbon and apple cider cocktail, and it was a great combo.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I may be a bit naive but what is an "Autumnal Aromatic"? I have always used aromatics as....... aromatics and never separated them into seasons.

I may be a bit naive but what is an "Autumnal Aromatic"? I have always used aromatics as....... aromatics and never separated them into seasons.

Just a fancy way of asking what you plan on smoking in Aromatics for the Fall season. puffy

Usually topped or cased with flavors like spice, cinnamon, pumpkin, caramel, chocolate..... My gut is getting queasy. Must stop... ? ?

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
Just got some Boswell Apple Strudel. I smoked it wayyyyy back in the day and remember it being pleasant. I’ll let it dry a little and then smoke a bowl later this evening. Also, got Berry Cobbler and Christmas Cookie. Fall/Winter aro kick..LOL

Reactions: puff_not_snuff
Jan 27, 2020
Just got some Boswell Apple Strudel. I smoked it wayyyyy back in the day and remember it being pleasant. I’ll let it dry a little and then smoke a bowl later this evening. Also, got Berry Cobbler and Christmas Cookie. Fall/Winter aro kick..LOL

I eagerly await to hear your opinion on all three.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
Just a fancy way of asking what you plan on smoking in Aromatics for the Fall season. puffy

Usually topped or cased with flavors like spice, cinnamon, pumpkin, caramel, chocolate..... My gut is getting queasy. Must stop... ? ?

In that case...... My curiosity got the best of me and a few days ago I opened a can of Sutliff Molto Dolce and Stanwell Melange. They both seem to have all of that dandy-candy-let's-pretend-we're-smoking-a-fruitcake tobacco. They are not bad but I just haven't had that aromatic of an aromatic in 25 years. Something I'd have to get used to.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
In that case...... My curiosity got the best of me and a few days ago I opened a can of Sutliff Molto Dolce and Stanwell Melange. They both seem to have all of that dandy-candy-let's-pretend-we're-smoking-a-fruitcake tobacco. They are not bad but I just haven't had that aromatic of an aromatic in 25 years. Something I'd have to get used to.
Yeah, I’m not a fan of the goopy ones.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
A big "HELL NO!" to 'Autumn Evening' from me. University flake pairs nicely with that leaf pile note.
+1 on hell no for Autum Evening. I got a tin hoping to like it after reading the reviews. Four month old tin aired out prior to smoking. I swear it tasted like chewing on celery seeds. I had to dump it at mid bowl. My tongue went numb and my sinuses were on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.