PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I enjoy my more complex VaPers (and the occasional light or aromatic English) in the evening, typically with a beverage and in a more relaxed state. But like many here, I also smoke a pipe all day. During the day I prefer a less complicated, easy to smoke, pack-it-and-forget-it blend that still delivers quality in terms of flavor and user-friendliness (burning characteristics, lack of bite, etc).
My favorite "all-day" blends change from time to time, but currently consist of H&H Angler's Dream, Mac Baren Golden Extra, Stokkebye Turkish Export, and H&H Classic Burley Kake. Carter Hall is also an occasional all-day favorite, my only complaint being the quick OTC burn rate.
What are some of your favorite daytime, or "all-day" blends?

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Since I work in an office, smoking all day is unfortunately not possible at this point in my life. However, if I had to go with a blend that I could smoke at any time of the day, it would be something in the light to medium English variety. McClelland's bulk A.M. Pipe is one that really nails that characteristic for me.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
No matter what else is in the rotation, I always have CH and PA for my "quick and dirty daily".

I can pack either of these, blindfolded, into any pipe I own at this point.

Lately, H&H Stogie, Dunhill Royal Yacht and McB Old Dark Fired are daily as well.

Mar 31, 2014
C&D Billy Budd.
I've tried a bunch of stuff suggested by people on this forum, but BB is still the only thing I can smoke all day. P&C is still backordered on this stuff. Has been for well over a month :?

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Today was a good day! I managed to get 4 bowls in; all of the same tobacco in the same pipe. Tomorrow I'll rest them both for the day.
Tobacco: Exclusiv Royal
Pipe: Kings Cross Featherweight 110A Blast
Every bowl was absolutely scrumptious!

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Still workin' on figuring that one out.
Trouble is, there's so much good smoking to do...
I also see the validity in smoking only one blend for a good long while though. The details of the blend become more clear and focused over time. Maybe I'll get to that point with a blend sometime. Nightcap, maybe.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
I would live to say H&H Anni Kake but alas it's not available in the UK. So Peterson Irish Oak.

If I am out doing something to where I am just limited to one blend and one pipe, I like a Virginia that is sweet, yet delivers a great tobacco taste. Newminsters Superior Navy Flakes, Virginia #1, or PS LTF, usually work best for me. The problem for me is that with each bowl of the same blend repeated in the pipe, I taste it less and less, so these blends tend to hit the spot for me on at least delivering that sweet tobacco-ness long after I've stopped getting any subtle flavors, if that makes sense. YMMV
However, I would prefer to switch between a couple of blends to keep the favors coming in fresh, but sometimes I just can't be carrying a purse full of smoking supplies around with me.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
There is alway two tobaccos in a my little pipe bag with one pipe.

Lane 1Q & ps luxury bullseye flake.

Whenever available go for a nice smoke to relax.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
McClelland - Bulk No.2015 Virginia Perique Flake. My usual routine though is to pick a pipe and a blend and go to town for a day or two depending on the number of bowls I smoke.

frankenstein

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2013
C&D Haunted Bookshop, everyday year round. I was, since my pipesmoking debut, always looking for the "allday smoke". First I dabbled with light english blends like Three Oaks Syrian and such but got tired of the latakia - it's like overeating on chocolate trying to smoke a full bowl of anything latakia today. So I ventured into the VAper territory instead and smoked a lot of De Luxe Navy Rolls and Kajuk Kake and Bayou Morning. After that I tried Solani Silver Flake but after a while the kentucky got to be a bit to much, again with the chocolate analogy. So I made the jump to 4Noggins Weybridge. That was more along the lines of an "allday smoke" to me, but it was a little too weak in the nicotine department so I switched to Haunted Bookshop and now 1 1/2 year of smoking this blend everyday I can, with hand on bible, say that I will never cheat on the Bookshop.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
For me it is two that I smoke the most. Both Orlik's Golden Slices and Gawith's Best Brown Flake.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
@cobguy
No matter what else is in the rotation, I always have CH and PA for my "quick and dirty daily".

I can pack either of these, blindfolded, into any pipe I own at this point.

Lately, H&H Stogie, Dunhill Royal Yacht and McB Old Dark Fired are daily as well.
If you replaced H&H Stogie with MacB's Navy Flake, that post been my rotation as of late.
I like either CH or PA if I'm kicking around the yard, or just getting a quick 15 min bowl in. I have to admit, I cant get enough of the pouch aroma of CH.
Still waiting on a large order I placed for tobacco, so I have my summer cut out for with new stuff to try. I'm looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.