PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Take your time getting better with that one. On the plus side, you can be on 'excused duties' during Christmas! Get your family to wait on you hand & foot. Could turn out to be the most 'stress free' Christmas you've ever had. Milk it for as long as you can I say.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Doesn't sound like any fun at all!! :(
Hope you are feeling well again very soon. :puffy:

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
we promise not to burn the house down in your absence
I missed that vote :mrgreen: guess I will comply with the masses until your return them state my case appropriately!
Seriously, wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you can still enjoy this wondrous season

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'm back with a question: Why do we have to excuse your absence? You've got a reasonable excuse even though it's self-inflicted but, all we have is your message. I believe a doctor's excuse, written of course, is called for.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
I hope you get well soon! I would urge you to go to a physiotherapist or even a doctor of naprapathy if you could find one. Medical doctors often just drug the symptoms away and a massage therapist usually won't work the spine as a physio. However, if you have one you trust and that helps - keep going!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm back with a question: Why do we have to excuse your absence? You've got a reasonable excuse even though it's self-inflicted but, all we have is your message. I believe a doctor's excuse, written of course, is called for.
I'm with Warren, we need documentation! :rofl:

Ummm... a squirrel ate my homework. Ha ha.

Thanks everyone. My wife has me a massage therapist coming today. She wouldn't let me pick the massagist. I kept looking to see which ones offered pictures of the massagists, maybe with swimsuit pics or at least a list of their likes and dislikes, ha ha. :puffy:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Just take care of that spine. I had relentless sciatica 8 years ago, that lasted for over 6 months. I'm talking searing agonizing pain, 24/7. No treatment worked and I was scheduled for surgery when a student suggested that I try mild restorative yoga before going under the knife. The first few sessions were pure agony, but as the days progressed the pain evaporated. Two weeks of stretching and the sciatica was totally gone. The only recurrence in 8 years was a mild and short lived one caused by my getting lazy about doing the stretching. Yoga every day keeps the sciatica away.

Ahhh, the massage lady just left, sweet relief.

Sable, I started yoga for the same reasons about six years ago. But, like you, I just found it harder to work into my day. And... that plus moving stuff myself instead of hiring some help... I just had to have my new studio built in the bambo to feel all artsy, I didn't think about moving all of that equipment up a hill and through a trail that wouldn't allow me to just back a truck up to it. Dumb decisions... but, soon I will have my dream studio set up where I can work in an area surrounded by my gardens and bamboo.

I will see the chiropractor again this afternoon and again tomorrow, and then I am hoping that just getting back into yoga will keep this from ever happening again.

The doc says riding my bike without stretching and then bulging that disk by picking up heavy stuff created the perfect storm. ,
I just don't want to take any more of those pain pills. They make my skin crawl and only help by making me dazed enough to pass out.
Thanks again everyone.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ummm... a squirrel ate my homework.
I knew it!
evil-squirrel.jpg

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I just hope you don't have to buy a recumbent. Cripes those yokes are squirrel magnets.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Mike: Your wife called me and asked for some help picking out a masseuse. This was my first choice:
rrr2.png

But this young thing had better Yelp reviews, so that's the way we went.
htMHJ.jpg

(ps: you DO NOT want to google "male Masseuse")

Status
Not open for further replies.