PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
What tobacco blends have ever given you the spins? Made you go green? Or whatever else you might call it when you OD on nicotine? I'm not a nicotine lightweight by any measure, and it almost never happens to me. But this afternoon a single (larger) bowl of Jack Knife Plug had me hunting dark chocolate and lying on the ground.
What blends have done this to you?

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Haha, jack knife plug put me on my ass the first time I tried it. Of course I smoked it on an empty stomach, which was clearly my first mistake.
Tambolika was another one!

Jun 4, 2014
First time I smoked C&D Bayou Night I got light headed and started to sweat. I had it happen a few times with cigars, but that was the first pipe blend that set me spinning.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've puffed my way through happy bowls of Tambolaka, C&D Big 'n Burley, and Five Brothers, but when I first met Nightcap I went right at it in very ample pipe, probably smoking fast. I didn't get the spins, but I definitely knew I'd had some nic. After that, I approached it with a little more respect, after food and beverage, and now I really enjoy it, with other full-strength blends. I try to use some sense. I get more burn and bite with aromatics that have no detectable nic at all. I figure any day I scorn any effect nicotine may have, I'll be right on my ass.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have periodically, when encountering a difficult problem, loaded up my biggest pipe with GH ropes and regretted nothing.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
I purchased some Jackknife about 3 months ago. Was trying to get some age on it. Now I may have to open a tin.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've smoked both JKP and Big n' Burley. They both have what I consider to be a nicotine punch, but I think because of the cut that Big n' Burley might burn just faster enough to get the nod. JKP thouroughly processed into finer broken leaf might even the score. I don't process mine all that much and get a slower burn.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I honestly have not gotten the spins from any pipe tobacco. I've tried anything from GH&Co's Ropes to Cotton Boll. I've been dipping for far too long so that's the problem. My system has acclimated to high doses of nicotine.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Yeah I'm with hawky....never have gotten spins from a pipe due to the Copenhagen Straight that I dip

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
The only tobacco I've ever give me pause was brown bogie...... Two small bowls and my lips were numb. I immediately ordered a half pound of it.

jollyroger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2015
Irish flake, was my first non aromatic experience and sent me stumbling around in search of a soft landing. Didn't help that I knew nothing of sipping and puffed like a freight train. After having first tried captain black gold (horrible experience) and then tried Irish flake, it's a miracle I didn't give up on the pipe entirely.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
None really so far, but then again, my favorite early morning smoke is 50/50 Black XX Twist and ODF.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
None really so far, but then again, my favorite early morning smoke is 50/50 Black XX Twist and ODF.

I still need to try this combo, thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna mix some up tonight! Do you let the two marry for a few days before ya smoke it or do you mix it just prior to smoking it?

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
This has only happened to me once...the first time I smoked Semois. Took me over a year to try it for the second time. Luckily it never happened again and now I love the stuff. I dunno if I just hadn't eaten enough that day or what. I have gotten the 'niccups' from Nightcap before but never any lightheadedness or nausea.

Status
Not open for further replies.