Yet Another Ode To Peter Stokkebye L.N.F.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
For all the newly converted pipe smokers on this forum - buy 1 lb. of it. At least. I bought a couple ounces 3 years ago, and forgot about it. Now that my palette has matured alongside the tobacco, it is incredibly good. And it’s available at a price point that will seem ludicrous in the years ahead. And, honestly, the price is ludicrous even now. It is a chronically discussed and criminally underrated blend.

I very rarely smoke pipes these days, so my 2 lbs. will probably last my entire life, even if I don’t get hit by a train.

I have plenty of SG FVF, Astley’s No. 44, Wessex Campaign Dark Flake, etc… all exceptional VA’s, but this is the one I reach for as an all day, every day smoke. Granted, it’s a VaPer and not a straight VA, but nevertheless.

Stock up on this magnificent beast before tobacco taxes increase 1,500% and you can thank me later.

MarcosEZLN

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Birch Bay, WA, USA
LNF fills a similar role for me in pipe tobacco that Pacifico w/ a lime wedge serves in beer. Quite often I want something a bit more complex, something with a little depth to it. Sometimes I just want something light, refreshing, and simple, though, and that's where these two come in. LNF is just a mildly sweet, unobtrusive VaPer for a ridiculously low price. If it so happens that your preference more often is for a light, uncomplicated blend like this, LNF is absolutely one of the best deals going in pipe tobacco today.

Dave4211

Might Stick Around
May 15, 2020
Tennessee
If money were no object, it would be my exclusive smoke. That, or Orlik Golden Sliced.

The LNF is fine stuff.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Looking forward to mine ageing away as my palate develops at the same time. I get great smokes out of it, sometimes I get very little but I find if I leave a half smoked bowl overnight and come back to it, it is fantastic and full.
Maybe it is best smoked quite dry?
Not sure as I’m sure plenty of members smoke it on the moist side and get a lot out of it.
I’m still to get any rum topping flavours, but that would just be my palate and/or my smoking technique, although I do get a faint taste just like a McDonalds Chocolate Thickshake on occasion.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I recently started working my way through 12 oz I bought in 2013. It is going way too quickly.