36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its funny when I say Illinois everybody says Chicago but i am actually closer to Kentucky than Chicago and about an hour from St louis
I used to drive 65 to Chicago a few times a year, and one year, in the southern part of IL, I ran into a Turkey Testicle Festival. We ended up staying and having a blast, but I didn't eat (very many) turkey testicles, but the music was awesome. puffy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hello Illinois Not Chicago. I was in the same boat growing up, in walking distance of the Chicago corporate city limits (the Chicago neighborhood of Edison Park) but not in the city. I think the folks outside the whole city and burb area feel quite distinct. My maternal grandparents grew up in Sandwich, Illinois, which during their time was a long way from the big city, so of course they moved to a Chicago suburb. Now I'm in central N.C. Welcome.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Beautiful country. I rode the Illinois Central, back when that was running, from Chicago to Springfield and spent most of the trip on the open area between passenger cars just inhaling that beautiful country air, that rich black soil breathing with corn, soy beans, and energy. I was on my way to Boys State 1963 where I won the Lincoln Essay Contest. It filled out my somewhat meagre year book entry, like the kid might have something going after all. Thanks to my history teacher Mr. Johnson, and the DAR who sponsored me after the American Legion had already chosen their candidate. Hey, you're about an hour from St. Louis!

Last edited:

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Beautiful country. I rode the Illinois Central, back when that was running, from Chicago to Springfield and spent most of the trip on the open area between passenger cars just inhaling that beautiful country air, that rich black soil breathing with corn, soy beans, and energy. I was on my way to Boys State 1963 where I won the Lincoln Essay Contest. It filled out my somewhat meagre year book entry, like the kid might have something going after all. Thanks to my history teacher Mr. Johnson, and the DAR who sponsored me after the American Legion had already chosen their candidate.

Most of the people who had long yearbook entries in my high school now pump gas and drive shitter trucks. As it turns out best hair and homecoming king don't mean shit in the mart of competitive commerce.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Beautiful country. I rode the Illinois Central, back when that was running, from Chicago to Springfield and spent most of the trip on the open area between passenger cars just inhaling that beautiful country air, that rich black soil breathing with corn, soy beans, and energy. I was on my way to Boys State 1963 where I won the Lincoln Essay Contest. It filled out my somewhat meagre year book entry, like the kid might have something going after all. Thanks to my history teacher Mr. Johnson, and the DAR who sponsored me after the American Legion had already chosen their candidate. Hey, you're about an hour from St. Louis!
Yes I was actually born just across the river from St. Louis in Alton but grew on the Florida/Georgia line

Reactions: maulragoth
Status
Not open for further replies.