PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I’m a lucky guy, I am getting a Ser jacabo, Caminetto, and Costello. The first two are estate pipes, Costello will be new and the big gift. I got a nice little Xmas bonus from work! These are my first “fancy” pipes. Fancy to me anyway. I’m a sucker for Italian pipes.I’ll post pics when I have all three.

Anyone else getting something new?

Staggerlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2021
Clearwater Florida
I’m a lucky guy, I am getting a Ser jacabo, Caminetto, and Costello. The first two are estate pipes, Costello will be new and the big gift. I got a nice little Xmas bonus from work! These are my first “fancy” pipes. Fancy to me anyway. I’m a sucker for Italian pipes.I’ll post pics when I have all three.

That is awesome. Can’t wait to see the pics.

Reactions: Ben.R.C
May 12, 2022

It's a great gift to get a Castello (not Costello, he's a brit singer), a very distinctive pipe!
I've six Castello in my collection. I'm posting a pics.

From the top to the bottom:

¼ Bent “Castello” KKKK Shape 215

Oval bowl billiard Sea Rock Briar Shape 44 with ivory ring

Calabash Collection Carlo Scotti

Canadian Sea Rock Briar KKKK

Billiard Collection Carlo Scotti

Prince of Wales Old Antiquary KK

IMG_1278.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I have one Italian pipe, and it’s also a Christmas pipe. A ‘93 ascorti I got from @Jwebb90 it’s a beauty. Enjoy yours
It's a great gift to get a Castello (not Costello, he's a brit singer), a very distinctive pipe!

View attachment 189996
I know how to spell it, I just often misspell thingz 😂, I love the sea rock Canadian!

Reactions: dunnyboy

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

View attachment 189996
and an american comedian.

• Haha
Reactions: dunnyboy

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I have this idea for my cellection, to get at least one of every Italian pipe maker that I can and, of coarse, I have to like and be able to smoke said pipes. I will likely have to limit to a few a year so no rush but this idea pleases me. Especially the shops that spun off from Castello. Does anyone know of a good history write up on Italian pipes and makers?

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The trouble with spelling is you have to demonstrate your capability at all times. Great set of pipes you are getting, particularly the Caminetto and Castello.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

don't know yet. But I do have my eyes on one pipe. Amazing part is I really dig it and it's under 100. Won't drop hints till I know for sure that I bought it or that I can't.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
The trouble with spelling is you have to demonstrate your capability at all times. Great set of pipes you are getting, particularly the Caminetto and Castello.
Well, I will unapologetically fail your requirement. 😂 I can’t see super well, so I won’t catch all typos, and I’m not a great speller to start with. If it bothers you, please skip my posts

Reactions: kcghost

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I have this idea for my cellection, to get at least one of every Italian pipe maker that I can and, of coarse, I have to like and be able to smoke said pipes. I will likely have to limit to a few a year so no rush but this idea pleases me. Especially the shops that spun off from Castello. Does anyone know of a good history write up on Italian pipes and makers?
I hope you're a young billionaire. Here's a link to pipedia.org listing Italian pipe makers. Another approach would be to go to smokingpipes.com Italian estates. You'll get a pretty full list. As a bonus, the prices are less than new, the condition is accurately described and they'll take unsmoked returns.

• Haha
May 12, 2022
I hope you're a young billionaire. Here's a link to pipedia.org listing Italian pipe makers. Another approach would be to go to smokingpipes.com Italian estates. You'll get a pretty full list. As a bonus, the prices are less than new, the condition is accurately described and they'll take unsmoked returns.
Otherwise, you can buy this book (500 pages), a 2020 publishing:

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I really love the Italian pipe carvers out there too.

Keep a look out for these Italian carvers as well. :)

Gigliucci
Moretti
Pascucci
Posella
Radice
Regina Scarlatta

Enjoy! :)