PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

GreatWhiteNorthPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Hello all,

Looking to purchase mild cigars as I begin on my cigar-smoking journey. Not looking for any brand in particular - just good, solid cigars with mild to medium flavour profiles. Seller needs to be willing to ship to Canada, where I live. If you're looking to get rid of some, let me know! Thanks!

Farside

Lurker
Dec 30, 2022
I live in Canada and make cigars. This year's batch is mild and smooth (opinion of a non smoker). I can post you one if you like.
Just be aware that I'm growing my own tobacco and learning to make cigars. It's not going to be instagram perfect LOL.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Online retailers usually give a strength rating, so that may help you. In general, I have found many Dominican Republic made cigars tend toward mild, but check their rating and/or ask your local cigar shop.

The all-time mildest cigar I've smoked was King Edward, a machine-made brand that is inexpensive, but you can't find them for sale even at online sites. I'm not recommending it. It's best feature is its price. But it is/was mild.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Olivia make very good cigars at very reasonable prices.

If you're looking for a mild smoke, their Connecticut Reserve line might be a good starting point.
Their "O" and "G" series were my go-to affordable smokes.

I haven't bought cigars since I got back to pipes a few years ago, so I'm not up with current prices.
Or shipping (to Canada)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With the increasing prices on cigars and the continuing brisk market, I'm surprised that robotics haven't come up with an acceptable low-cost machine-made cigar. King Edward used to be a common brand of machine-made cigar, but they are not widely distributed, though I think they still exist. It seems like there's a niche for a "pretty good" machine made cigar at a price you can't refuse.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
With the increasing prices on cigars and the continuing brisk market, I'm surprised that robotics haven't come up with an acceptable low-cost machine-made cigar. King Edward used to be a common brand of machine-made cigar, but they are not widely distributed, though I think they still exist. It seems like there's a niche for a "pretty good" machine made cigar at a price you can't refuse.
I've never seen them but I still see Dutch Masters around, they were my grandpa's go to although he died in 2010. Machine made cigars nowadays seem overwhelmingly to cater to the flavored market, and most people buy them for blunt wraps.