PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I must say I have been playing around this new version of the forum for the past couple of hours. That's quite an improvement. At first ... I was like, what? how do you find anything on this? But once you get used to the features and details, it's awesome !!! Congratulations to all who have had an active role in making this happen. I am liking the like/emoji for each individual thread :sneaky: The puffy emoji seems to have disappeared from the "smiles" button, which is kind of a loss, or maybe I just don't know how to find him yet. Switching to smart phone now, to see how all this is working on that.

Great work guys, Kevin and co.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Lots of things to like, a few tweaks needed, such as width of left hand panel and the dividing lines are way too wide.

But my main concern is the row of buttons below. I absolutely do not want anything I post here placed on any other social medial. I would like to see all those buttons gone.

Second one is time. I reset my time zone in Preferences, but it didn't take, so I have reset it again. Now I wonder if the time zone of the server is correct or not. Test:

As I post it's 7:07:17 AM PDT on Sunday, September 8, 2019

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Later next week, we'll have the pipe smoking smilies back, and make the avatars bigger. The orange text is changing to brown as well.
Could you make the old smilies into a separate section, so we don't have to load the hundreds of useless emoji's? Or drastically cut down on the mass of emoji's.

Reactions: madox07

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
This is so much better than the old one it is hard to even describe. Since the change over I can't get enough of being on the forums. With the old site it was always a chore and I usually chose not to.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
This is so much better than the old one it is hard to even describe. Since the change over I can't get enough of being on the forums. With the old site it was always a chore and I usually chose not to.
Exactly! I feel the same way. Now I’m even happy to post in the WAYS thread, before it was a huge pita. I had to upload a picture either to the album here or on a third party site and then post it from there and half the time it would come out sideways so I just gave up on trying to post pics but now? Now it’s easy peasy. Everything about this site is just better now (objectively better). :)

Last edited:

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I hope you're not getting rid of all the emoticons, Kevin. Yes, I don't think we need stuff like this: ???‍♂️?.
But all the yellow faces are kinda useful at the right moment. ??

Even though it's super easy to attach pics now, I'd think we'd rather have this: ?

than this;
Thinking_Face_Emoji-Emoji-Island.png

• Haha
Reactions: madox07 and jpmcwjr

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Happy to see progress on the emojis!
The color change on the lettering is a positive change as well!
I know, it’s always a work in progress, but if it gets stressful, you can always kick back and smoke a pipe!☕

Reactions: jpmcwjr

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It took me a while to get used to the layout but now that I have it's just GREAT!! Pics are amazingly simple particularly when compared to the 20 steps we had before.?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I still think the sidebar could be reduced and the main body (forum proper) enlarged. Even the ads from sponsors are floating in a sea or negative space.

Status
Not open for further replies.