PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
May be like other companies being shut down for not being of vital significance.
Maybe? The timing on this is a bit odd, since Missouri has been under a stay-at-home order for the past two weeks, and the state has explicitly stated that there isn't actually a legal obligation to close "non-essential" businesses, as long as they can follow certain recommended practices.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Maybe? The timing on this is a bit odd, since Missouri has been under a stay-at-home order for the past two weeks, and the state has explicitly stated that there isn't actually a legal obligation to close "non-essential" businesses, as long as they can follow certain recommended practices.
Just offering a heads up.

Reactions: musicman

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
May be like other companies being shut down for not being of vital significance.

In the EU, if a company reports a single employee diagnosed with COVID 19 , the public health department closes the business down for the duration of the state of emergency. Maybe something similar happened ..

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
In the EU, if a company reports a single employee diagnosed with COVID 19 , the public health department closes the business down for the duration of the state of emergency. Maybe something similar happened ..
Yea, most States are not doing that in the US. The US is following something to the German model. School year is almost finished so they will be closed until the fall.

It could be that they have few retailers still open, so they are shutting down until this all blows over.

BTW losing money has NOTHING to do with whether you get a PPL loan or not.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Yea, most States are not doing that in the US. The US is following something to the German model. School year is almost finished so they will be closed until the fall.

It could be that they have few retailers still open, so they are shutting down until this all blows over.

BTW losing money has NOTHING to do with whether you get a PPL loan or not.

Could very well be ... if fixed costs exceeds sales revenue, what else there is to be done? A lot of businesses will be affected by this pandemic. We will more clearly be able to see the economic implications once the health situation is over, when less companies will re open for business from the total number those that closed down a month or so back. I don't know about the US, but the only thing that the Romanian government did for the local business environment in terms of enhancing cash flows, is facilitating government backed loans, and I am afraid that's not going to be enough as the criteria are quite strict.

Reactions: BROBS and briarbuck

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A historical point that may have bearing, during the 1918-19 flu epidemic, St. Louis, of which Washington, Mo. is a suburb, had the sense to close down public gatherings and far reduced the flu there as compared, for example, to Philly which did not, and had huge losses. St. Louis may be the rare city with a historical memory that that actually serves them.

Black Forest Piper

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2020
Colorado, USA
I was looking at buying some stuff from them my first week staying home. I waited for some reason, but they were closed when I went to look again. That was end of March. Can't wait til they're open again.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Could very well be ... if fixed costs exceeds sales revenue, what else there is to be done? A lot of businesses will be affected by this pandemic. We will more clearly be able to see the economic implications once the health situation is over, when less companies will re open for business from the total number those that closed down a month or so back. I don't know about the US, but the only thing that the Romanian government did for the local business environment in terms of enhancing cash flows, is facilitating government backed loans, and I am afraid that's not going to be enough as the criteria are quite strict.
The US has concentrated on payroll reimbursement for companies not sacking employees. The stimulus has been generous to companies under 50 employees and will allow us to survive.

Reactions: cohibajoe
Status
Not open for further replies.