Would You Buy 100$ Frog Morton 100g Tin??

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

Recent Posts

mmcobber

Feb 24, 2019
Hi all!
So Im kind of new to pipe. Been smoking cigar, but stopped since I started pipe! I started with a MM great dane pipe and MM tobacco and I am very pleaed with it!! After reasearching for a while I found that Frog morton tobacco use to be a good tobacco ! I would love to smoke some but since it not in production any more price is up!! I am bidding on ebay but pric is high! ( around 80-100$). So should I give it a try or there any good tobacco I should get for this money ??

Thank for your thoughts !!

sablebrush52

Preferred Member
Jun 15, 2013
If your goal to to smoke Frog Morton you'll just have to pay market price. If your goal to to find satisfying blends to smoke, don't waste your money on unobtainium when there are so many great blends still available.

mmcobber

Feb 24, 2019
I already got a 50g tin of Frog on the bayou coming.. might consider others brand too. I will read some of this forum to find some suggestions!

Thank !

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
You can buy 9 to 10 tins of other tobacco to try for $100. IMHO, you'd be much better served to choose the former. However, your money, your choice.

sablebrush52

Preferred Member
Jun 15, 2013
BTW, even by eBay standards, $100 for a 100 gram tin of Frog Morton is high. They mostly go for around $50 to $65.

scloyd

Preferred Member
May 23, 2018
Op is in Canada and he sent me a message. I would love to sell him some FM but not sure he would receive it. Customs...ugh!

diamondback

Preferred Member
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Hi mmcobber. Up to ya. I don’t know what your disposable income looks like.
Me personally, no, I wouldn’t spend $100 on any of the Frog offerings. It’s sad and I’ll miss it. Mcclellands took me by surprise and I’m left with one 50g tin each of Frog/Town and Frog/Cellar.
Then again, some folks drop thousands on a single pipe and think nothing of it. More power to ‘em! Me, I don’t own a pipe worth over $300, and most of mine are in the $100ish range.
Sadly, I’m not sure of any blends that are close to the Frogs. I’d let it go and enjoy maybe Bengal Slices, Northwoods, GLP Gaslight or Quiet Nights, Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding... if you’ve not had some of those yet. There’s really too many great currently available offerings to list, as you may well know.

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
$100? Absolutely. I'd light it with 500 Euro banknotes and smoke it while I cruised around Monaco in my Bugatti.

spartacus

Preferred Member
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I have a few 100 gram tins of FMC I picked up on eBay for about $62 each. I wouldn't pay more than that. I will not be buying anymore evan at the $62 price. There are too many great tobacco's out there for a much better price.

jabo

Jan 26, 2016
Don't have but a bit of McClellan left. Sold off most I had at the war prices. Decided if I couldn't get more, why not .