PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
As many of you know my wife and I just had a baby about a month ago. Well, it turns out that I am not making enough money. So I am taking an over night stocking postion at the grocery store I am working at so that I can get full time hours. If you were wondering why I can just do full time during they day ,the answers is that I have two jobs and I am going to school full time, over night was the only time I could add more hours. Just curious if any other people have to work overnight shifts and how it effects your smoking habits?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Sherlock it never affected my smoking habits.

But, learning to survive on 4 hours sleep (or less) a day took some getting used to.

All that hard work will pay off in the long run...

Keep it up!

Stay focused.

:clap:

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
You are a truely busy man. I know from experience how expensive it is to raise a family. Working and going to school is definitly going to tax your patience. But please don't let it cause you to miss out on those younger years. Seeing that first step, hearing that first word and all the wonderful things to come.

puffin

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2010
You sir are a saint. I cannot image working two jobs, going to school, and raising a child. I have a hard enough time without the kid! Good luck to you!

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I applaud your efforts, it's not easy working multiple jobs, going to school, and raising a child, but it will all pay off in the long run. As for how working overnight hours affects your smoking, it just cuts into how many bowls I smoke on a work night because I can't really enjoy a pipe on my 15 minute breaks at work. Of course, this would apply at a job during any work schedule. What I do hate about it is I have to work weekends, and holidays as well, and it makes it hard to have much of a life when it comes to having fun out with friends/family.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
Keep up the good work. You are a trooper. These tough times will pass, better days ahead.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I just stopped doing a 60 hour per week night shift from 8PM to 8AM. Didn't affect me much at all. On my days off I'd go out and have a bowl and watch the sun rise over the mountains in Pakistan. Pretty nice. Now I'm on days and I'm still choosing to stay up at night because, in the desert, night time is the best, so it really doesn't affect me at all. I'm sure that was no help whatsoever, but there it is :)

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I've always liked to stay up late and sleep late.I felt better when I worked the night shift I did it for five years.It had a couple drawbacks though.My wife didn't like being home alone at nite.Also it seemed that every time I went some place or got into a project I had to keep one eye on the clock so I wouldn't be late for work.I didn't see much of my friends either.They all worked days.For these reasons I spent most of my working years getting up at four in the morning so I could be at work by six.It sucked but I did it.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I hoping that it will give me some more time during the day to spend with my wife and baby, but I will be losing sleep. I have always been a bit of a night owl, but never all night. I appreciate the nice comments, I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.