PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstwordisee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2012
pr1-150x110.jpg

What do you think of this rack so far? My neighbor has a lot of tools. I am staining tonight and should have some finished pics tomorrow.

firstwordisee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2012
NOt sure if that worked, maybe I missed something, maybe I should be doing something different, I'll figure it out...

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Looking good mate, once you get er stained it should be very nice. Good work, enjoy
Here is one I made a month or so ago, I wanted something different and unusual so I put this one together.
rack.jpg

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Personally I like this shot a little better.

pr3.jpg

It allows us to see how you made the bottom of the rack shelves. Coming along nicely!
How do you plan to finish it? A dark, light or natural stain?
-Jason

firstwordisee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2012
Thanks for your help Jason, you save a lot of frustration. I just got done staining it, the back is a red mahogony and the rest is ebony, it is coming out great, tomorrow I will put a satin clear coat and post more pics.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Very nice job. One point to mention is that staining pine can be a pain. It can tend to be blotchy unless you use a stain conditioner first.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
That is one sweet rack. You can add to it staggering the compartments

or pipes on top and tins-jars on bottom. A simple and full functional

piece of furniture.

Joe

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Very nicely done. You planning to use different wood for the next one, if there is a next one? :clap:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Good work firstword! It's too cold in my garage/workshop for any woodworking now but come spring I will be getting busy on a new rack for myself. I'm tired of my pipes hiding away in the drawer of my cabinet. I've got some solid mahogany scraps from a pattern making shop I've been saving for years. Lately I have been looking at design options and trying to decide what I want my rack to look like. Good show! You're really getting me in the mood to make some sawdust.

Status
Not open for further replies.