PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I decided to order a few cheap estate pipes for on base so that if they get lost or stolen or something it's not such a big deal. Just won this:

pipe1.jpg

pipe2.jpg

Anybody know what the deal is with that bit? I've never seen one quite like that. I'm bidding on a couple others too so hopefully more new pipes to come :D
Edit: Removed ebay link as I was told it didn't work.

mikewi

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
Looks similar to a Kaywoodie stinger. I'd guess it's meant to do the same thing ie. remove some moisture from the smoke. It is cool looking though.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
OTD, you're good :)

I originally posted a link to the auction that had all that info in it and forgot to post it when I edited the post. Yup, it's a Sav Lollo.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
The Lolos I've seen prior have all been smooth. I do like the rustication on that one.

You've not had any older pipes with a stinger?

Of all the older pipes I have that came w/ condensers (stingers), perhaps half of them smoke better with them removed, the others smoke better with them left in place.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
And the woots are now doubled due to just acquiring a BC "VIRGINIA MAJOR 1710" for $15. Trying to copy the images but it isn't working too well. Looks really clean. Didn't notice it's shipping from Italy though haha. So I probably won't have that one for a while.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Nope, no stingers. Although I don't own many estates (except for the ones that became estates after I bought them ;) ). Just a couple I bought from Lonestar. That's rapidly changing now though :D

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
@Zanthal

Yup, it's an estate. $36 shipped too. I'm excited. Problem is that it takes a few weeks to get anything out here (not always but it's best to not get the hopes up) so now comes the hard part...waiting for it!

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I haven't bought a pipe since last summer and I won't for the foreseeable future while I save money for another hobby's start up.
I'm living vicariously through everyone else's good fortune.
Nice pipe and congrats on continuing to score some nice ones off of ebay.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Thanks mlaug.

What's the new hobby? Pipe smoking is the new hobby for me :) This probably takes me up to about 18 or 20 pipes all together. I really need to stop buying them but I don't see that happening for the foreseeable future either ;) These are my first ebay pipe purchases so I'm hoping they leave a good taste in my mouth (pun intended).

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I'm about to become a beginner reloader and start making my own ammunition. 8)
Over the past few years it has either become harder to find certain calibers at an affordable price or the old surplus supplies have disappeared. I haven't shot some of my rifles nearly as much as I used too, simply because I can't afford it anymore. This should help, but I'm in the equipment/book purchasing phase right now and all my discretionary funds are going in that direction. Its also been a tough sell to my wife.
I can't get her to understand that I will save money by spending money. :laughat:
Doc Watson offered me a fantastic Bari a short time ago and it about killed to take a pass on it. :cry:
When this Sanata chap shows up next weekend, I should be in business.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Neato. I was considering getting into it myself but a friend of mine bought all the equipment and seeing what he was doing just didn't really make the savings worth it to me. I just bought some fun .22s that I can shoot all the time and save my larger, more expensive calibers to round out the range time :D Plus, my friend said I'm welcome to use his equipment if I ever want to get into it so it's there if I change my mind :D

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
Nice Lolos , just score myself a couple of great pipe today on ebay, a stanwell bamboo shank pipe estate very nice use very little / A estate gold mustache Caminetto business KS cucciago nice /A New in box Peterson's "The Original" Sherlock / Holmes / SAVINELLI Baronet Bruyere "114 EX" estate clean nice/ and ESTATE PIPE SASIENI WINDSOR VINTAGE ANTIQUE LONDON.can't

wait to get them. hope you all don't mind me jumping in!! :)

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Jump away sir :)

Just won the 3rd of 4 pipes I was bidding on! The first was an estate Peterson that got sniped about 30 seconds before the auction ended. Oh well, I put my top $ in the listing and lost so I guess that's just how it goes. Newest acquisition is a "Vauen Sanitas Trocken Raucher" for $30. I absolutely love my Vauen volcano (it quickly became my goto pipe) so I have high hopes for this one. I have no idea if what I'm paying are actually good deals as I can't find other, similar pipes on the sites I usually buy from but I figure $30 for a vauen can't be a bad deal.

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
good job, just beware on the scam jobs out there i buy from ones i know sell great pipes and hope for the last 8 sec, bib that how somtimes u win or lost but if u lose it was not to b!!

Status
Not open for further replies.