Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I started years ago with a Rebel xT. Over time I and built up some astrophotography gear and also a 70-300 stabilized lens.

A couple of years ago I upgraded to a Rebel 7Ti since I wanted entry level professional grade and to use the gear I already had.

Here's my old lens vs new:

IMG_20200406_195410494.jpg

The new probably weighs twice as much as the old with all the extra glass in it!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
New glass is always nice. I shot nearly everything. The differences in glass and build is a waste of time. The names have pro builds and consumer level. Each is comparable with same level of another blend.

We've gone through this before. It's the shooter's eye, what's between his ears and his experience that determine quality shots. For on-line shots it's hard to justify more than a smart phone with a later generation camera.

One of my drones is equipped with a Hasselblad lens no less. I'm not shooting for the media and really have no need for such quality. But, I might. One is never surprised with some customer needs.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Have you ever noticed that when you show someone a good photograph you've taken a lot of people will say, “you must have a great camera”

....but that same person would never dream of saying to the cook after a good meal“you must have great pots and pans” or “they must've used an expensive word processor” after reading a good book!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.