PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
This is a nifty chart. It's meant for using wood chips when grilling meat but it is really applicable to our hobby too! It even mentions that conifers and evergreens are dangerous to burn. I know we see a lot of questions about what different woods would do if made into pipes and I think this dude has given us a clue. :D

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
lol At the bottom it says, "Never use any wood that has been painted or stained."
Doesn't take away from the useful info on what woods are safe to smoke with; just funny. :puffy:
Thanks Cyndi
P.S. It feels good to be 24 doesn't it? *wink*

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
That's weird, isn't Tree Heath (AKA Briar) classified as an evergreen?
Neat chart, thanks for sharing. The chart may be beneficial to home-growers looking to flue cure their tabac as well.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Good question! Here's what wiki says:
The wood, known as briar root or French bruyère, is an extremely hard and heat-resistant wood used for making smoking pipes and knife handles.
My bet is that it would just lay at the bottom of the grill, chilling out with a Guinness and laughing at the flammable materials.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm glad to see Mulberry on the list of safe woods. I have a pipe I made from it and have been smoking it about 2 years.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
You are darn lucky to be alive Ejames . Iam gonna call the EPA and get the big list . Is Brylon a wood or does it just look cool on fire . OK back to the briar burnings . :laughat:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You are darn lucky to be alive Ejames
That's true on several accounts,most of which occurred when I was young,stupid and quite often drunk!

Will Brylon actually burn? 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.