PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
God is a practical joker. I spend several years looking for a Nording Woodcock, finally locate it in a British shop where a fellow English friend help me procure it, only to discover 2 weeks later that another brand new Woodcock is on eBay. Would anyone like to loan me $200 for this pipe as an investment?

• Haha
Reactions: bnichols23

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
You'd be surprised, but this pipe delivers close to a perfect smoke. But I can dig what others think. What'll ya see what a certain artisan is making for me...

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Let me beseech your collective charity and beg for the funds needed for this pipe. We'll put the funds together, and anything over the necessary amount, I'll use for my PAD affliction...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Let me beseech your collective charity and beg for the funds needed for this pipe.

Too late, it sold. Darn.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Maybe you should have tried one of those "go fund me" things: "Help me get a Woodcock"

There are a lot of people these days who would likely contribute to that.

• Haha
Reactions: SpookedPiper

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Bingo!
Just 4 the heck of it, I went on eBay and did a search for “woodcock pipe” and I found one for fifteen pounds, English!
“Buy it now” price!
I don’t think it’s what you’re looking for, though!
(At least I hope not!) sher

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
I just bought one of these new and pictures don’t do them justice. There is an iridescent quality to the black portions of the stem as well.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Im

Im the one who bought it off ebay..sorry.

I search for nording estate pipes on ebay regularly..that one really caught my eye. I'll take good care of it!

Your join date is the same date as Sparrow's post about this pipe...

What was it that Cosmic was saying about not posting threads on here about pipes on ebay you want to bid on, in stock notices, etc.?

smokedank

Lurker
Sep 17, 2019
Your join date is the same date as Sparrow's post about this pipe...

What was it that Cosmic was saying about not posting threads on here about pipes on ebay you want to bid on, in stock notices, etc.?

I sent 2 offers on that pipe and the one for 175 was accepted. I saw this thread when I googled erik nording woodcock, trying to see if the 175 I paid was close to what others had paid. I had already purchased the pipe prior to making an account here or seeing this thread.

Furthermore, OP purchased a woodcock already..so you're basically accusing me of scalping a pipe off a guy who already has the same pipe. If he really wanted to buy a second one, i seriously doubt he would have shared it here.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I sent 2 offers on that pipe and the one for 175 was accepted. I saw this thread when I googled erik nording woodcock, trying to see if the 175 I paid was close to what others had paid. I had already purchased the pipe prior to making an account here or seeing this thread.

Furthermore, OP purchased a woodcock already..so you're basically accusing me of scalping a pipe off a guy who already has the same pipe. If he really wanted to buy a second one, i seriously doubt he would have shared it here.
LD was just making the point that you shouldn't publicly announce intended purchases on here as more than members read these boards. As for Fred, he wouldn't have posted it if he hadn't wanted it, some base entire collections around a single pipe.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016

Welcome to the forum puf I was mostly just teasing, though there was some truthful reasoning in what I said. Anything on ebay is fair game, whether someone posts it here or not.

I will say I have a hard time believing that you just happened to join on the same date as Sparrow's post, and then within 24 hours of Sparrow's post you purchased the pipe without having seen Sparrow's post about the pipe, and then only after purchasing the pipe you stumbled across Sparrow's post about the pipe. It would just be an unlikely order of events, though of course possible. It's all good if you found the pipe because it was posted here - ebay is fair game, and as you mentioned above Sparrow probably would've bought it instead of posting it here if he really intended to buy it.

There was a thread a few days ago where there was some discussion that forum members should probably avoid discussing in stock notifications of hard-to-find tobacco and discussing possible ebay purchases so as to avoid alerting the public at large, which is why I mentioned all of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.