Won The Best Overall Carved Pipe, Six Minutes Shy Of Slowest Smoke

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well, the pipe carving competition I entered won me a plaque for the Best Overall Carved Pipe!

So I'm really happy about that! Came with a $75 gift card to Anstead's down in Fayetteville and rest assured, I will be using that bad boy soon. I was surprised to come in second in the slow smoking competition. I think it was decent effort on my part for a first time showing. I ended up with a time of about 32:47. The winner had a time of 38 minutes and something, not too sure as I left the table temporarily to grab another cup of water.
I just want to say, that the guys down at Anstead's are a really top notch group. I really want to get back down there, but as the drive is a little over an hour from my house, that might be a once a month sort of thing, if that much. It was a great place to meet up in and I look forward to my next trip down there.

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
Well done! Must feel good to have placed in both parts of the competition, first in one and second in the other :puffy:

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks y'all! I was really hanging in there and was feeling like I could have won, but it was not meant to be. I smoked it all the way down to pure, white ash, but just smoked it a little faster than the winner did. At least I wasn't the first goober out.
Honestly, I felt better about winning the carving competition than anything else. If I had won the slow smoking competition too, it would have been great, but I spent a lot of time on my pipe, so having that recognized felt the best.
I do look forward to the next contest though, it was a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.