PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
The removable bowl and cooling chamber are both block meerschaum. The "gourd" is just stained.
That is quite interesting, especially from a construction stand point, that cant be easy to make.
I myself would have concerns over it's fragility (unless it's really heavily walled), but I also tend to be a little rough on meer for some reason, Iv'e broken a few unfortunately.

Did you buy it??????

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That is quite interesting, especially from a construction stand point, that cant be easy to make.
I myself would have concerns over it's fragility (unless it's really heavily walled), but I also tend to be a little rough on meer for some reason, Iv'e broken a few unfortunately.

Did you buy it??????
Right before posting this thread.

Reactions: jewman22

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Beautiful to look at but I'm terrified that I'd look really stupid holding one. I need to work on my self confidence.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So try as I might, this pipe will only last between 25 and 30 minutes. Definitely a display only piece.

20211024_151833.jpg

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Wow. The gourd is pretty convincing in the picture. Can’t believe it’s meer. Can you get a larger bowl insert? Otherwise you might have to die cut plugs of tobacco to fit the chamber. That would last a bit longer, ?.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Seems like I've gotten some surprisingly longer smokes out of small chambers with flake, coin, plug, and rope cuts. Tried to catch a smoke one concert intermission in a mini-cob. I had to let that thing go out and smoke the rest hiking back to the car, seemed like forty minutes or more. It felt like a practical joke on myself, like the birthday candles that won't go out.