PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
We have 60,000 some members, and I know we have a couple from Wisco, but there has to be more!

I live in Oshkosh.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
We visit Green Bay about twice a year. Some member or another of my Wife's family has been doing so since the late 50's.

As such, I have never been when the weather wasn't terrible and didn't have to hit the road right away. Is there a friendly tobacconist in town?

My nephew just started at UW LaCrosse! If he sees you smoking a pipe in public there's a good chance he will ask you about it.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I live in Chicago, but we have a little spit of land in Green County, outside Monroe, WI
I'm 90 minutes from Monroe and often thought about taking a drive up to Minhas Craft Brewery. Have you been to Minhas?

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I have. They're a pretty big operation. They've done their signature product Heuber Bock for a hundred years, and also contract brewing for anyone who needs their capacity. Definitely worth a visit.

But, the real brewing gem in Monroe is a nano brewery called Bullquarian. They do - I think - 4 keg (2 barrel) batches of pretty much whatever they feel like, so there's constant experimentation and refinement. Most of the taps on their 10 tap rotation last about 3-4 weeks, so there's always a new reason to stop by.

PM me if you head up on a weekend. I may be able to meet up with you.

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
We visit Green Bay about twice a year. Some member or another of my Wife's family has been doing so since the late 50's.

As such, I have never been when the weather wasn't terrible and didn't have to hit the road right away. Is there a friendly tobacconist in town?
Bosse's news depot is the only decent tobacconist. They cater to cigar smokers. They have a small amount of briar pipes and blend there own tobacco. Also sell cobs and meerschaums. Unfortunately, they only have a few tins in stock that have been sitting for years because of the high prices.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
In Iowa but 5 minutes from Hazel Green WI. Hit a Packer game once a year (to keep the wife happy, she is from WI). stayed in Oshkosh 2 weeks ago for the Broncos game.

WI has some beautiful areas.

Reactions: didimauw
Status
Not open for further replies.