PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I am starting this thread for rx2man and myself to post progress pictures of the Elephant's Foot pipes we are working on concurently. This is in no way a competition, but I thought that since we are making the same shape, for the same customer, and are both new pipemakers, that this would be a very fun thread to do.
This is my 18th pipe and 2nd with bamboo. My humble beginnings are shown here. rx2man should have some up soon and we will update this regularly with progress pics as we go.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Had some time to work on this today. Here is the progress so far.
Cutting the Bamboo

Facing and drilling the bamboo

Cutting the Delrin Mortise

Facing and drilling the delrin

Delrin has to be scored for the epoxy to stick

Delring Mortise Sleeve epoxied into the bamboo

Loose fit the bamboo onto the stummel for a progress pic

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Coming along nicely Adam. Looking forward to seeing the pipe once shaping has been done on the briar block. :puffy:

Awesome!!!

Garfield-is-eating-popcorn.gif

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
ben88 said it best HOLY ELEPHANT Adam You have to have a very tiny hand or that baby is huge!!!! Man I love it.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Speechless. But my wife says it looks like a guitar . look at the top view. so she'll call it that. WOMAN

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I don't care what she calls it, just as long as you love it! This thing feels very nice in the hand so far.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
And you'd probably burn it out shortly there after and I'd have to make you a new one, after I came to Canada and back handed you first of course . lol

Status
Not open for further replies.