PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Foggy, you look great, but should live down here in the mountains in western NC!

Blueeye... its gonna smell like whatever you smoked or wherever it was!

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I would love to grow a beard, but am unable to due to my job. I grow a stache instead but even it isn't like what I really want (center is a bit thin, and looks like I shave the center off). I would like to grow a full beard but the sides of my mouth don't connect to the rest of it growing on the jaw line. So when I did grow one I just grew a long goatee and some huge sideburns. I miss having that facial hair.
Foggy, sir you have the beard I dream of having!

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
@jeepnewbie what job do you do that doesn't allow a beard? I always wondered with all the laws about what they can't tell you that you can't do ie tattoos how they can dictate facial hair.

I've had a goat (Van Dyke) since I was 16, but I've been letting it grow out to a full beard since this August. I figured this would be the time, before it all goes completely white, as a redhead it's taking on more of a paprika look now, LOL.
I did shave it all off once about 15 years ago, but I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. I will NEVER do that again.
I smell like whatever I smoked regardless. But, I like an aromatic for the drive in to work. It suits me better than some tooty fruity cologne.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Damn Foggy, your wife is far more understanding then mine. Mine has threatened to cut mine off in my sleep if I let it go too far...... I replied "What is TOO FAR?!?"

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I keep a beard year round. Have done so for the past decade.
However, in winter, the beard gets a bit longer, and the hair gets a lot longer.

I love this...

35526f36ce98877c8e36dba8f7d9c09bfcb18d34_r.png

bludgeoningdeath

Might Stick Around
Feb 28, 2013
Timberville Virginia
I've only trimmed the sides of my beard once in two years. Otherwise no cutting at all. My gal says my beard is bigger than her head lol. I started noticing the stache note as well and my gal surely does. Not a bad thing but she doesn't care much for Latakia.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
@instymp - ahh the fond memories of stashe note from high school and college...before I started smoking pipes (and after). :)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just began growing my winter beard. Mine turns pretty white so it does add 10 plus years to my look. If I am dating I never grow it out as the chicks don't dig it.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
@cigarmaster geeze you need to see the above post with the cool Nordic looking guy smoking a pipe in a wool sweater. He made me feel guilty about shaving my beard off for wearing a suit. LOL Some chicks dig it! My wife likes it.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
My wife loves a beard on me, hates a moustache. I'm mo-vembering it up right now so the wifey isn't pleased. Work prohibits me from growing a beard so I have to wait until xmas leave and my parental leave next year. I miss my beard....

Status
Not open for further replies.