PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I sport a beard in the winter to help fend off the cold and even in its early stages of growth the fiance has started commenting on picking up on the whatever flavor I might be smoking that day (she likes Mac Baren Vanilla Cream). Anyone else notice smoking with a beard and holding on to certain "flavors" afterwards?

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I believe the term you are looking for is the "stache" note of the tobacco! I've had a goatee for years, just grew in a full beard (in relative terms anyways) for the first time. The stache note is one of the hidden pleasures of pipe smoking!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I hear you Vorhees, my goatee grew in quickly when I grew it 15 years ago, my beard however took 2 months before it looked like something more than my cat rubbing up against my face. Frankly, it was a bit embarrassing.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I wear the same beard year round.

The pipe tobacco may help a little, but it usually smells like chlorine from the local swimming pool.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, I'm rooting for the Cards (in the World Series) but I think the Boston Red Sox beards are not good publicity for beards.

If the team were out hunting elk or Grizzly, or mining iron ore, they'd look about right. But out on the diamond, they just

look unkempt. A few guys insist on grooming their beards, and they look great (except I don't like to see them score). But

some of those man-of-the-mountain numbers just look corny. Stand by for the Boston Red Sox fans.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Oh yeah! I sport one 1/2 of the year, Oct. to Easter.
Picture005_zpsa3a2070a.jpg

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

PS: Problem is Herself usually notices after a good Diesel or JdN cigar....and it ain't good! LOL!

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Basically if I don't shave for 2 weeks I have a pretty hefty stuble/beard going - which is what I do to start a beard in the late fall. Where I'm at in Texas we have a late start generally to the cold snap - so once that happens I start to let the beard grow - and then get rid of the whole thing soon as spring hits or the cold weather quits - which sometimes can be February.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
brdavidson, I have been growing this facial hair for about 2 years with very little trimming(except to keep it neat)and its just where it is.

Phillip, you sir have an epic beard.

chaplainmike

Lurker
Oct 7, 2013
I started growing mine back in June and trimmed it in September. I am trying for the Santa Claus look for the children in the hospital that I work at. I cannot have any oders on my person because of the sick children, so the only time I get some residual is on the weekends. My wife smells it more so than I because she is a non-smoker.

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Ah yes, as long as you like it, an added benefit. I'll bring the whole thing up for a whaff just as a reminder.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
that is one awesome beard foggy! I have a pretty thick mustache goin these days.. I am not allowed to grow a beard due to my job but when I retire I hope my beard is half as awesome as that one!

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
During my business years (1980-2004) I wore a tight trimmed fag beard (no offense) because I have a "baby face" and found it added a few years to my credibility appearance. You think it doesn't matter but I shaved it off once in Hawaii and all of a sudden the Japanese corporation heads all asked me my age and had "that look". I grew it back immediately. For some reason a good proportion of my clients were gay... and no I'm not gay :rofl: , married 29 years, 3 kids and would have come out of the closet by now ;) and my diamond earing is in the left ear. During those years I was a Hemingway smoker and the aroma defiantly would hang in there. Now I'm old and shave when I go out or tanning, trying to be the kid that never grew up. Though when I'm in hermit mode which is during the winter it does come in (gray on a blonde doesn't work) and I enjoy a little Haddo's Delight or SJF for a few hours after a bowl.
I can't imagine how long it would take to grow a froggy beard lols. A decade maybe...
Craig

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Yes, I do notice the "stache" note! I can grow a stellar stache, but I struggle with the beard. I'm trying like hell to grow one though! It's aggravating, my Dad can grow a "Grizzly Adams" in a few weeks, whereas me and my brother are stuck with the patchy beards from my Mom's side of the family. I started back at the beginning of the month, I'm gonna let it go through November and see how it looks. If it's any kind of decent I'm gonna keep it! Wether the wife likes it or not!
Awesome beard Foggy, BTW! I see you're smoking your southern fried Tennessee made pipe as well!

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
My annual beard came a bit early this year...in time for the Red Sox Postseason!!!!! GO SOX!!!!!!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Just shaved my beard it was looking a little too much Duck Dynasty. I find if I have to go somewhere in a suit and wear a tie that a large beard just doesn't work. But we were working on a cottage on the lake today and man do I miss the insulation quality. Usually I keep my beard until after moose season and then shave it down to a Goatee for the Christmas party season. Then the whole process starts again for another year.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I am truly in awe of foggymountain's beard, well done! :worship:
I usually sport a goatee, but for Movember I have decide to grow a full beard, likely for the winter months.

Status
Not open for further replies.