PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ChefJP

Lurker
Apr 19, 2021
Hi, I'm new here. We are dealing with pipes from my step-father's estate. None of us are smokers and are looking for info on the ones we have found to see if there is a market for them on Ebay or somewhere. The only one with a photo I have is a Winslow Handcut Denmark pipe about 6" long with two silver dots on the stem. It appears unused, no teeth marks and has no tobacco smell. There is no style # but there is a "D" on the bowl. We have the original box and leather Winslow bag. Any advice would be appreciated. We also have a Meerschaum Sherlock...but it's still packed and will have a photo soon. Thank you. IMG_0548_2.jpg

ChefJP

Lurker
Apr 19, 2021
I’m sorry for your loss. Beautiful pipe. If you search a bit you can find examples of Poul Winslow pipes currently for sale. The Danish Pipe Shop has a new grade D for just under $400. On eBay you might be able to get up to 75% of that (give it take) for an unsmoked.
Thank you so much!

Reactions: ofafeather

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The D designates that it is hand made as his system was d-A and then he had a special co;;ector grade.
That pipe is not worth 400, maybe 350. I have owned many Winslows and they were always a desired pipe buy many people so I do have a good idea of what it should go for.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know how many pipes are in this collection, but that might be one to keep as a family heirloom as a very personal object of art. Not many belongings have as much relationship to their owners as pipes, and it might be worth forgoing a few hundred bucks to have this remembrance, and sell off the others, assuming they are lesser or more used pipes. That's a handsome pipe.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
You can always sell them here too! ;)

P.S. Be sure to read the Rules. 100 Posts and 4 months membership before selling.