PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Well, I did it. I bought the new-too-cheap Dunhill shell, sandblasted from the sixties. Either the smartest thing I've done or the stupidest.

s-l5006.jpg

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I meant "not-too-cheap." Damn typos. Opinions, gents? On the pipe, not the typing. I'd be to scared to tell you how much I paid.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I came across a video displaying the virtues of this pipe. It's certainty a great looking pipe, but the standout was the size of the bowl:in a word, huge. The video also high lighted the date of manufacture:1974,the year I graduated from high school. Now, was there anything special about Dunhill's in the seventies, or anything out of the norm? Last question: does/did Dunhill use fillers.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Congrats! Dunhill straights from that era smoke wonderfully. I'm sure you'll have many happy smokes.
Ren

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Should get it any day; when you buy from eBay, there's always some flexibility to delivery time. I've sold enough pipes to know. But the sellers in this case seem well caring sellers, so I don't image any problems. To make matters PAD worse, I bought a Nording giant:
s-l1600-31-600x399.jpg

My excuse for buying the Nording is that a writer, we often go deep into an almost meditative state, using a lot of mental energy. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. So why not a pipe that can give you an hour long smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.