PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Getting back to working on a few pipes. I was doing a stummel for Stryder while ZI was also whipping up a nice little poker style nose warmer for another member. They were both going great! Finished off the nosewarmer quickly and was doing the final sanding on Stryders's bowl. I stick my finger in the bowls to hold them while sanding and at that time I felt a rough place. Thinking the bit may have chattered I put it under a lighted magnifier and found a major flaw in the chamber. Back to the drawing board! I will fill the flaw in the failed bowl and as you see it finished up nicely on the outside anyway. Working with a natural material you WILL have flaws. So Expect it if you make pipes. The failed bowl is now a shop pipe.

WinLose.jpg

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
That's a shame! Like they say....always expect the unexpected! They both look great though! :puffy:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Shop pies like that are cheap. All you need is a few grand in equipment and a few hundred in briar and stems.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That poker is a beauty uncle, heck, they both are. I feel another UA PAD coming on. :D

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Hey, that was going to be the name of my autobiography!!!
"98% Finished, Only to Run into a Major Flaw!"

Status
Not open for further replies.