PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Why don't we see much talk about this brand? Some of their Straight Grain and Extra Grain pipes seem like tremendous bargains. I don't remember them much from my days in pipe shops and am curious what people think of know about them.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I was curious about this as well after seeing a few of the estates pop up on SP. Sure look like nicely grained pipes for the price.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Got 2 and love them. I think they have been out of production for quite awhile although they were fairly common back in the 80s. Just guessing but I don’t think they ever produced tons of pipes unlike some other well known brands.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I really like my Willmer Deluxe. Fantastic smoker. If it's representative of their lower grades, they're a lot of pipe for the money.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I own a number of Willmer AAA Straight Grain pipes and they all smoke great. They have some of the best wood I have ever smoked. They are a heck of a bargain as well.

Reactions: dmcmtk

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't seen them much. They sound like something I would have bought before pipes took over every spare space in my study.

sisyphus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2019
they and Millville were two Charatan offspring that never had that high of a production volume. Both are good estate values.

Status
Not open for further replies.