PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Will "Black Frigate" ghost a pipe that I plan on using mostly for strong Lat blends anyway? Will the rum flavor bleed into other smokes? Or does it not matter?

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
You have options here sir. You could just go ahead and smoke the Lat and I think the rum ghost will slowly go away, or u could do a complete cleaning, rimming and everclear cleaning inside the stem and shank, then do a everclear and salt treatment. You could also dedicate a pipe too aromatics and English mixtures to prevent ghosting. Good Luck sir.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I wouldn't worry about it. Although I have not smoked Black Frigate, I have smoked crossover lat blends (which it is) in my lat pipes without any issues - especially if you are using it for "heavy" lat blends.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Stan I haven't noticed any ghosthing after a few bowls. But Chasingembers would indeed be your man.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
I reserved a pipe for black frigate because of its horrific tin note. It was so bad it scared my lesser pipes. When I smell the pipe and take a dry puff from it it doesn't seem any different than any of my other pipes. Smokes great though!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I love the stuff, but have not noticed it ghosting any of the pipes I use it in. I only dedicate pipes for aros and lakelands, the rest get most everything else smoked in them and I never seem to notice.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Will "Black Frigate" ghost a pipe ?
My Weaver volcano is set aside for Black Frigate, my favorite tobacco btw, though I do sometimes smoke Mc Clellands Oriental No. 6 in it. When smoking the Oriental blend, I really don't taste the rum at all. It's less of an aro, and more of a flavor enhancer. If you've smoked Sextant, you already have an idea of the rum taste your getting into. Just enough to sweeten the blend without overpowering the tobacco. Hope this helps!
horrific tin note.
I love the smell of this stuff! If the little cake weren't tobacco, I'd probably eat it! :mrgreen:

Reactions: vosBghos

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I will just smoke it in my strong Latakia pipes for now and not worry about segregation.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Chasingembers my wife says your smeller must be broken. Lol
After twenty-four years of retrohaling, she's probably right! :mrgreen:
I will just smoke it in my strong Latakia pipes for now and not worry about segregation.
Sounds like a plan.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I think I misunderstood the question here, sorry.. The rum may be a top note on the tobac.... load that pipe and smoke away. Great response here..

Status
Not open for further replies.