Will Bing’s Favorite Stem Fit Another Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

3dogpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2022
New York, New England
Is it a savinelli? If so, you can definetly fit it in other savinelli pipes. Both 6 and 9 mm tenons seem to be interchangable.
Yes. Thank you
Well, the carvers could easily put a delron tenon down the middle of the pipe stem. But they didn't and now you have a problem. There are guys who will repair a broken stem for you if you ask. Not a lot of guys out there do this though. Be sure to ask them is they can make the repair so you can not see it with the naked eye. If they say no to this then move on to the next guy.
Good idea. I was like the Whistling Diesel of pipes when it happened. This pipe means nothing to me!

Puff nstuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2021
Inland Southern California
Me, I'd maybe buy a similar Sav billiard in a standard length with the same filter size and get your old stem worked to fit the new pipe - then you'd have a 'night & day' convertible pipe! I guess the OD of the new pipe shank would need to be equal to or less than the existing Bing stem for this to work. There are a few narrow-stemmed models to choose from.

3dogpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2022
New York, New England
Me, I'd maybe buy a similar Sav billiard in a standard length with the same filter size and get your old stem worked to fit the new pipe - then you'd have a 'night & day' convertible pipe! I guess the OD of the new pipe shank would need to be equal to or less than the existing Bing stem for this to work. There are a few narrow-stemmed models to choose from.
?good idea