PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Has anyone tried SPC Wild Man yet? Thoughts?

Thanks.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
If you're going to call your tobacco Wild Man it should be a bit wilder than a fairly standard looking Medium English. Like, it should be cased with Thunderbird and topped with a bit of angel dust. :evil: On the other hand, I have enjoyed all the SPC blends I've tried, so I bet it's a winner.
Years ago, my stepdad found a kitten wandering the salt ponds where he used to work. He took it home, and within about 48 hours this cat convinced everyone in the house that he was the baddest cat on the planet. He was more like a dog than a cat. We had a pit bull mix at the time and the cat used to hide around the corner and serve the dog a couple of slaps to the face when he came by. When the phone would ring, he'd run and leap and knock it off the hanger on the wall. My stepdad decided to name him Wildman. Unfortunately, Wildman died as he lived, drinking some antifreeze from the neighbors yard. It was remarkably on-brand for him.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It sounds like a misnomer. Maybe there's a story behind the name for this particular blend, but I agree, if you name it that, it should be in some way daring or at least unusual. Maybe it's ironic, about a fairly traditional blend, like calling your math professor (assuming he's very tweedy and academic) Wildman. If anyone is tapped into the SPC circle, I'd be interested to know.

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Wow danilmalia! Great “tail”.

RIP Wildman. I’m a cat person myself, so I totally relate.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had a part Absynnian cat, an adopted country stray, big orange tabby who had a water resistant coat and didn't mind rain. When I first got him, and took him for his vet visit, he wrestled to stay out of the carrier, a real tussle, but when I'd finally resigned myself to carrying him in hand, I realized he'd never tried to nip nor unsheathed his claws. As my dad commented, a real gentleman. One time I had him slung across my shoulder and some long-haired tattooed biker looked over my pet cougar, grinned and gave me a big thumbs up.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Great story. Like he decided he was going to give you a fight, but there was no reason to bring weapons into it.
I never considered myself a cat person, but between Wildman and a cat my neighbors across the street have who struts around, and will just walk into our house to hang out a bit if the door is open... I am really warming up to them.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I smoked one bowl which certainly isn't adequate to pass a complete judgment. It was good but nothing spectacular to me. Certainly not as good as Mississippi River SR and Plum Pudding SR.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The cats over my life, feels like a royal succession. I grew up with a dog, an amazing animal. But cats accommodate me better. I never feel I can live up to the need for attention and wave of affection from a dog. Cats just like to hang out, and when they pay attention, I'm one of those who takes it as an honor. But I do go on about my childhood dog George's strength and adventures (Springer-Cocker mix, but unusually strong and fast.)

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Our cat lives mostly outside. He is constantly patrolling the grounds for vols, which is nice, because it keeps the little fuckers out of the house. Unfortunately, it also results in many a vol carcass getting gobbled up by the lawnmower. I always wear a mask :?
He also has a nemesis squirrel he can't quite ever catch. They are like Tom and Jerry live. It's great. He at least keeps the bastard out of the bird feeders.
I do worry about him though, my in laws live up the road a ways from us. They had a similar cat that got smoked by an eagle last year. Poor little guy was happily going about his daily murdering rounds, and never expected death from above.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
As my dad commented, a real gentleman. One time I had him slung across my shoulder and some long-haired tattooed biker looked over my pet cougar, grinned and gave me a big thumbs up.
My cat Bailey(RIP) was 18+ pounds at his peak, probably the biggest orange tabby most of my family had ever seen. He let me carry him over my shoulder and wouldn't dare hook a claw in you or your clothing. As you said, a real gentleman.

I miss that damn cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.