PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I'm seeking advice on blends that your wife/girlfriend find the most acceptable (to smell not smoke). Without further ado: What blend does your wife/girlfriend like the best?

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
My wife especially loves the smell of MacBaren’s Vanilla Flake, Rattray’s Exotic Orange and Cult Blood Red Moon. It’s too bad I’m usually smoking Margate or Black House, which she doesn’t mind the smell of either, but prefers the aforementioned three.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I produce such tiny amounts of smoke that my wife never notices. My daughters however like Ennerdale Flake.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
My wife loves the smell of FVF (unsmoked) - she always notes that the smell reminds her of growing up with her Grandfather who is a pipe and cigar smoker. As far as blends she enjoys when lit - she's been fond of C&D's King Cake and has even tried it. She hates the smell of all latakia/oriental lit or unlit.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
My wife really likes the smell of Lane 1Q and Boswell's Majestic 586. She just says I smell like smoke after smoking the majority of my English blends, but she does actually like the smell from Maltese Falcon. The Country Squire Second Breakfast is winner as well.

arvetus

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2018
My wife likes the smell of EMP or PS17 English Lux in the jar. Says it smells like BBQ meat and makes her hungry. But, she hasn't been around when I've smoked those.

My wife really loves Molto Dolce, more correct is that she loves the way it makes my beard smell.

But, the whole house seems to enjoy me smoking a straight Virginia, some VaPers, as long as they aren't too cigar-y. Penzance and GLP's Ashbury get a thumbs up for being very incense-y in aroma. But, really, I smoke whatever I want at this point. Once every blue moon my wife will tell me something or other is burning her eyes, and I'll open a window... but keep smoking. She is really the best ever. I am really lucky. When we first met, she was an extremist tobacco-nazi. Her father had died of lung cancer. It took patience, but she was worth waiting for. Now, she can join me at a pipe show and talk tobaccos with the best of them. But, she has no interest at all in actually smoking a pipe, herself.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife seems to comment favorably on tobacco-forward aromatics I smoke like Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, though occasionally she's liked a non-aromatic, probably a Va/Per now and then. When she smoked, as a newspaper woman in NYC, she smoked Camels and Galois (sp?).

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
My girl has had positive comments on the aroma of Capstan Blue, Marlin Flake and Irish Flake. No smoking in the house, though, so it's not that kind of approved.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
My wife and kids don’t complain about whatever I smoke. Except my eldest, she thinks cigars smell terrible. My wife however loves the smell of Deep Hollow.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
Ive found that Wilke's Rumcake manages to please even the strictest of olfactory senses

+1 for Molto Dolce, Exotic Orange, 1Q, Cult

Honorable mentions, CAO Cherry Bomb, CAO Moontrance, Sutliff Frosty Mint, Mac Baren Vanilla Flake and C&D Gentleman Caller

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
My spouse doesn't like any of the blends I smoke, usually giving a nonchalant "meh" when I ask her to smell the tins.
The ONE exception to this is/was FMC. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.