PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Ah, but I've noticed increased interest in Savinelli 904s, no doubt due to you posting your sizeable collection a couple of years ago. Along with interest in meers.
Don't tell him he's creating a meer craze now or he may take a hammer to all of them.

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
but I've noticed increased interest in Savinelli 904s
That's why I got rid of mine.

Along with interest in meers.
That one started with a massive sale back in 2015 and was rekindled when I fell out with Missouri Meerschaum.

Excluding Bruce Weaver, J. Everett, and IMP, I rarely if ever see examples of companies or carvers here that I would own.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Here’s an example of how insidious all of this is.

On the Show Your Peterson’s thread I saw the Peterson Phoenix.

So I spent about five minutes justifying NOT buying another modern Pete then I went on Pipe Nook to confirm I really didn’t need another Pete and then I clicked on a shape to double confirm I didn’t a need another Pete…..

…..oh, it has a swirled acrylic stem, oh, well that makes me recalculate the whole, oh, it’s in my cart, huh, well, I’ve made this far, I’m no quitter. Well damn, a charge showed up on my credit card, oh well, it’s fate.
My Phoenix arrived today. Now to decide what genre will be dedicated to this fine pipe.20220504_154044.jpg

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
I just mailed a buddy of mine a pipe and a few samples of his first pipe. He’s a regular cigar smoker and since I keep running my yap about piping he’s been interested. Waiting impatiently for the package to arrive and see if the “briar bug bites?”

Reactions: jpmcwjr and OzPiper