Why only Peterson brand featured on home page?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
About half way down the home page of PipesMagazine is a sponsor link for SmokingPipes dot com that features a rotation of Peterson's Pipes. Now I love my Peterson's but I think it would be great to see the other fine brands that they carry showcased in this way. While I've only been a member here for a short time I've been hanging around the website for a year or more and only remember seeing Peterson.
I've recently become a customer and I like how SmokingPipes have gone the extra mile to write a description to go along with each pipe photograph. Incorporating this into the PipesMagazine homepage is unique feature that benefits everyone. Even more so if other brands were to be covered.
I was just curious and did not find it discussed anywhere else in the forum so I decided to use the question as my first post.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Hmm, there is a SmokingPipes.com add to the left as I type this and there aren't ANY Peterson pipes in that one. Not sure who has final say on the content of the ad, probably the sponsor. So, if they're only showing Petersons, it was probably their call.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
He's talking about the home page. When you scroll down past most of the articles, there's a smell section with a smokingpipes featured pipe. It always seems to be Peterson. Im fine with this, however. I only smoke Petersons anyway 8)

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Regardless of location, home page, forum page, I'm still thinking that's probably smokingpipes.com's call as to what pipe is featured.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
You're probably right Brewshooter. Maybe a bandwidth issue also. I don't know much about the tech side of websites and e-commerce. Sure it's easy enough to click over there and drool at the pipes but I think it would be cool if they could change it up between brands on the homepage here. I'm not complaining I'll look at Peterson's all day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.