PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zeno Marx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
`I started smoking because 1) I like the act of smoking 2) I'm a master procrastinator and do most things last minute 3) I would have to write all night long to meet deadlines (see 2). I needed wanted something to do while I thought, organized, wrote, and edited all night long. Now I do it for flavor, relaxation, and as a respite out of the modern world convention of speed and multitasking. Of course, it doesn't always work, but the attempt is there. And on very rare occasion, you have that sublime smoke, and there's nothing else quite like it. It's also one of those fascinating things that is forever educating and humbling. If you choose, you can never cease honing that expertise.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Because they are there. And, that's what they are designed for. I know they are not a good substitute for a hammer when a hammer is needed. I really cannot think of another use for a tobacco pipe.
A tobacco pipe can and has been something I have used as a short term paper weight on my desk, when I am not actively smoking the pipe. 🙂

Reactions: PipeWI

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Because they are there. And, that's what they are designed for. I know they are not a good substitute for a hammer when a hammer is needed. I really cannot think of another use for a tobacco pipe.
Bit then again, I would have say the glass ashtray on my desk is an even more effective paperweight. The pipe SITTING in the ashtray… therefore is the “cat’s meow” I guess. 🙂

Reactions: PipeWI

Big John Shea

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2019
Inherited a few pipes from my great grandfather and it kinda took over from there. I was already a cigar smoker so it was a short leap to another smoking hobby

Reactions: JOHN72