PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Title edited.

You know when you are at an already busy parking lot and some genius decides to make it complicated for everyone else by backing their car into a spot. The only reason one should do this is if they intend on committing a robber, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
I think they think they are saving time doing this. Kind of like when there’s heavy traffic and you get passed on the road by someone only for them to be one car length ahead of you. I guess that one car length feels like they shaved an hour off their commute.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
It's actually designed and required in some downtown locations I've been the past few years - otherwise for me it's like that aisle I have to look the three times a year I get something at the grocery store Starbucks - Depends!

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
When we bought out latest car several years ago it came with a back up camera. At first I was hesitant to use it, preferring to keep using the mirrors, but in about a months time I was a firm convert. With the motion sensors and greater visibility it is much safer and I’m sure will be in all vehicles soon.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Doing such means it's safer as the driver can visually fully check out the spot and, when leaving, is better positioned to check exposure to cross traffic and pedestrians. It's something learned early by cops. Most people, in the parking lot are concerned with shopping, not parking and safety isn't a consideration. Location and convenience are what concerns a shopper.

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
I am one of those genius who always park back in. Advantage of backing in:
1) Yes, fast get out. It might take time to reverse in, but it's the same, when people park nose in it'll take time to reverse out.
2) Can get in and get out easily if the road is narrow.
3) If there's anything happen to your car, mechanic or tol trucks are easier to access to your car, if your car is front engine.
4) U can have a clearer view of surrounding your car before you get out of your car.
5) The American Automobile Association (AAA) recommends all drivers back into parking spaces whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.