PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Just thought this might be a interesting topic to talk about. 2 years ago I started pipe smoking again after stopping several years ago. The reason I stopped years ago is because I didn't know how to smoke a pipe properly and just never had a pleasant experience with it. So when I started back this last time a had a new tool to use (a computer) and started to research and learn about pipes, tobacco and the like. I visited several pipe forums to learn about different blends of tobacco and the art of smoking a pipe properly and how to repair and refurbish a pipe. Every time I would do a search, pipesmagazine would be in the results somewhere. I really like the format of this site and how it is set up, But most of all I like the people who participate, everyone seems to be friendly and if you ask a question they will most certainly answer it without being snide or snobbish about it. This makes for a pleasant experience that makes you want to be a part of the forum. Thats why I joined pipemagazine.com. :puffy:
Edit: Moved to Pipesmagzine.com. L

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I've been smoking pipe for 4 years or so and have visited this site many times during that period. I actually just recently joined because I wanted to rant about people in another forum for a computer game being very unsupportive of pipe smoking. Then figured I'd continue partaking in the discussion!

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I joined because its a friendly community on the forum, had good tobacco reviews and some great articles. Those have only gotten stronger over time. The forum is pretty good at policing itself so everything stays fun while allowing for disagreements and discussions to progress. All in all its one of the best pipe sites on the net.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Yohanan...
I have exact same reasons as you did for joining this forum!! I tried pipesmoking about 6-7 years ago but found it frustrating and as long time cigar aficionado it was easy to let it go and continue with the stogies... I have picked it back up over the last 6 months or so and the major reason I have stuck with it and find it very enjoyable now is the info I have gleaned on this forum and the friendships I have made!!

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Same old story here. Smoking my pipe and expanding my knowledge about the hobby led me here. Of course I don't typically jump in to forums because largely I find them to get off topic all too frequently and the point of the forum is lost in the bustle but I stuck in this one because of the tight knit group and the focus.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
This site had more information than the other forums I saw, and it keeps me busy enough that I don't have time to check out the others. :wink:

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
I blame Google i have used forums for many of my hobbies and so i googled pipe forums and this was first and sence i have joined it is the only pipe forum i need

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I have lots of other hobbies. This is the only forum I participate in. I can find plenty of people locally to share with all my other hobbies. Without the forum I might be just another "closet" smoker.
I was originally attracted to Pipes Magazine because of the articles. I stayed because of the many tips and all I have learned in such a short time. I think I'll continue because of the friendly atmosphere.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I visited a few times over the years. I joined becuase I thought it would be nice to converse with other pipe smokers, seeing hardly anyone puffing in my area.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I had actually joined this site about a year before actually partaking in the community. I was a member of two other forums. One, snobbish and wouldn't allow any type of conversation outside of pipes and tobacco. The other site, so loosely run that spam ads started taking over the content and people weren't posting very often.
When that started happening on the last site I was a member of, I started reading here more often and came to liking the articles and the tone of the forums. Then it just made sense to start contributing to the content.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Looking for help/information on the hobby that I was really starting to enjoy. I like the fact that it's more than just a forum (informative articles, reviews, lots of great adverts, etc.) as a few of the others are simply forums.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
This site kept coming up when I was looking for answers about smoking pipe and the people made me want to contribute.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Spent lot of time searching the internet for pipe stuff... and this site seemed to have what I wanted...Great pipe info, great people!

Status
Not open for further replies.