PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
Well there are acorns and then there are acorns. That tells you about the bowl but not the rest of the pipe. I recently bought a group 2 Wilke acorn, cute as a button, good for a short smoke.
It's about the curves. ( I always steered clear of women with sharp angles. )
Here is a link to what, for me, is an outstanding acorn, an Amorelli on thepipetart.com . Well I see the image is truncated. And posted 3 times. Arghh. The whole point was to see the entire pipe. If anyone can tell me how to do that, I'd be grateful.
Also, should I want to post a photo of my own pipe, where would I look to find out how ? Help !!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
My lone Neerup is an Acorn, and my lone Acorn is a Neerup...

002-203-4665_1.4804.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

The acorn is generally just a bulbous Dublin. I know some carvers don't make them with a conical chamber, but... I like the shape enough. Although, I don't own one, I have.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One thing this thread illustrates is that acorn is one of the most widely interpreted shapes. It is possible to get that acorn look with an incredible variety of versions, and still have the broad top and tapered tip without veering into another shape, although I have seen pipes listed as acorn/pear. I seldom worry about how I look with a particular pipe shape because so little of my smoking is done in a social context, but I do sort of puzzle over how good an acorn would be with my snoot. If I fell in love with one, it wouldn't matter.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
We...ell... Barling was making acorns in the 1940's, and possibly earlier. I'd assume that they saw this shape being produced by other British makers. It's been around for a long, long time. I own two of them.
Jeepers! Barling stole it from them as well?

• Haha
Reactions: sablebrush52
Status
Not open for further replies.