Who Primarily Smokes one Blend?

Log in

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes
36 Fresh Chacom Pipes
18 Fresh Estate Pipes
96 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tobacco Treasures Ad

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor


Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I've been through lots of different phases where one or two blends get most of my attention for a while. Right now I'd guess that around 80% of my smokes are either Old Dark Fired Ready Rubbed or #7 Broken Flake. MyMixture 965 gets the majority of the remaining 20%.


Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
one (or two) would only be possible for me if that was all that was available. I revel in the glorious golden age we are in with many hundreds if not thousands of quality blends! I am on a journey of discovery, and, like fine wines and good beers, find something worthwhile/interesting in almost everything I try now*. Win Win Win in my book! Variety is the spice of life. puffy

* except 4noggins' Imagine. that i'll have to get back to because with just one bowl I could only conclude they named it such as you have to Imagine it is even tobacco.
  • Like
Reactions: kcghost


Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Back in the 60's & 70's I smoked only Prince Albert in my cobs, Grabows & Kaywoodies. Around 1980 I started smoking other blends of all genres. Fast forward to today I'm all over the place both in blends & pipes. This is as a result from the internet and pipe smoking forums. I wish I could go back to just one blend (Pegasus) and just cobs, but I'm too far gone.


Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
I have a fairly large variety of tobaccos but end smoking six blends much of the time. And three of those, I probably smoke 75% of the time.
Once you find what you like, it’s easy to keep going back to it.

  • Like
Reactions: Scottmi


Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
This thread is eye opening in that it’s illustrating, at least with 80 percent of the answers thus far, what I’ve suspected all along — that people ultimately settle on one or two favorites.

For me, that’s Pegasus and Granger.

I have others that “fit” that genre. But only occasionally reach for. But between these two and my occasional indulgence in Burley Flake or Crooner, and when the mood strikes, my odd Red Virginia Blend, Winchester—I’m set in my ways and happy about it.

One of you said, the rest are all “one hit wonders”. Perfectly describes how I feel.

Another cited knowing what you like and predictability. Exactly. Im all about comfort as I sit here happily puffing an old factory Stanwell saturated with Granger essence. My personal Penzance.


Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2020
I feel as though I'm always looking to discover my new favorite blend. I expect at some point I'll narrow it down a bit. But I would expect it'll never become more refined to a half dozen go-to blends and the occasional new tin that I've never tired.
  • Like
Reactions: Scottmi