Who Makes the Tinderbox Cherry Almond Blend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Copied from another thread, here’s the short version of the it: Tinder Box Blends and their trade names (Norse Gold?) :: Pipe Tobacco Discussion - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/tinder-box-blends-and-their-trade-names-norse-gold.31695/

Tinderbox Name = Trade name/brand
Wilshire = Lane LTD 1-Q

North Sea = Peter Stokkebye #24 Nougat

Crown Royale = Peter Stokkebye Vanilla Creme

Sunset = Lane LTD HS-3

Chartwell = Lane LTD RLP-6

Sherlock's Choice = Lane LTD HGL

Midnight = Lane LTD BCA

Proper English = Peter Stokkebye PS52

Burley Light = Lane LTD Burley Light Without a Bite

Captain Spice = Peter Stokkebye Black Vanilla

Anniversary = Lane LTD Anniversary Blend

Norse Gold = (originally, until later 1990s) Lane MV-1000, (2000-current) Skandinavik Red with TinderBox exclusive licorice casing

Frangelico = Lane Hazelnut
Aalborg =

After Dinner =

Philosopher =

Rum Runner =

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
Copied from another thread, here’s the short version of the it: Tinder Box Blends and their trade names (Norse Gold?) :: Pipe Tobacco Discussion - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/tinder-box-blends-and-their-trade-names-norse-gold.31695/

Tinderbox Name = Trade name/brand
Wilshire = Lane LTD 1-Q

North Sea = Peter Stokkebye #24 Nougat

Crown Royale = Peter Stokkebye Vanilla Creme

Sunset = Lane LTD HS-3

Chartwell = Lane LTD RLP-6

Sherlock's Choice = Lane LTD HGL

Midnight = Lane LTD BCA

Proper English = Peter Stokkebye PS52

Burley Light = Lane LTD Burley Light Without a Bite

Captain Spice = Peter Stokkebye Black Vanilla

Anniversary = Lane LTD Anniversary Blend

Norse Gold = (originally, until later 1990s) Lane MV-1000, (2000-current) Skandinavik Red with TinderBox exclusive licorice casing

Frangelico = Lane Hazelnut
Aalborg =

After Dinner =

Philosopher =

Rum Runner =
That’s an awesome list! I wrote Lane Limited and asked about their Almond blend. I was told it’s no longer available but to try Hazelnut or Pistachio instead. Lol, thanks but not what I asked for. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤔

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
To complicate the matter further, some Lane bulk products were formerly made by Altadis. Lane was bought by STG while Altadis became Sutliff and is owned by Mac Baren. 🤔
I wasn’t familiar with Altadis. Need to check that out.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I wasn’t familiar with Altadis. Need to check that out.

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
Found a really great article that shows how MacBaren/Sutliff are trying to prop up the B&M’s. By me trying to cut out the B&M to find a tobacco a few cents cheaper takes a lot away from who we are as a pipe enthusiast community and keep the history and experience going to the next gen.
An American Original: Sutliff Tobacco Company - https://tobaccobusiness.com/sutliff-tobacco-company-editorial/2/
“Brick-and-mortars are an important part of our industry,” says McKenna. “That’s where people start smoking a pipe. They learn all the tools they need and how to smoke it. Brick-and-mortar shops build the excitement around the pipe-smoking hobby. Giving brick-and-mortar retailers a product that they cannot be undercut on by online or catalog sellers helps them build stronger businesses. They can carry it and have people come directly back to their stores to buy it again. We’ll launch Tobacconists Reserve with two really high-end products—an aromatic and a non-aromatic—to give consumers a chance to savor both flavor profiles.”

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
That helped break it down. Thank you.

Reactions: canucklehead

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
Just an update; made it back to Myrtle Beach and bought 2 lbs of Cherry almond from Tinderbox (Broadway at the beach) and have been working through 2 oz while staring at the ocean. It’s still fantastic. Glad we came back and the only damage from the hurricane was they lost their hanging sign.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore